Threading a T3 lite barrel for a suppressor

KAF

I have a 22-250 Tikka T3 lite stainless and a R15. Can these successfully be threaded and remain accurate when adding a suppressor?

I just had that exact T-3 22-250 threaded a month ago and it shot it last week with a suppressor and my groups actually got a little bitter. Shot a couple of .75 groups with it. The point of impact will change some both from the threading and the suppressor. Mine shot about 2.5" higher after threaded and the suppressor. That can be expected on almost any rifle that you make a change too.

Kaf I had my Tikka .243 lite stainless threaded and it turned out great. I don't shoot it without the suppressor. I did chop off 2 inches but that was just to keep the overall length to something manageable.

Hey guys, thanks for all the responses. Hope to have my suppressor by next summer (2018). I think I might have my barrel shortened a couple of inches. I use my rifle as a walk around calling rifle. Maybe it doesn't make much difference.

Originally Posted By: Redleg84I had my T3 Lite cut to 18" and threaded for 5/8x24 and it shoots great

How? At 18" it's only around .66", IIRC. At .660 with 5/8 thread (.625) you only have .035 shoulder? Most smiths require a minimum of .100 over the thread diameter.

I was debating chopping my T3 Lite .270 back to 18" for 9/16x24 thread, but decided to leave it 22" and threaded it 1/2x28. I will do the same with my Lite .243 also.

Last edited:
Back