anyone built a 6.5 creed on an AR

champ198

been thinking of doing my first build on an AR and doing it in 6.5 Creed. heard a lot of great things about the 6.5 creed and lots of people liking them.

I'm chewing on the idea of a creed myself... I want a dedicated wolf rifle. Although I need to build it as light as possible.. snow shoeing in these hills every ounce counts..

P perhaps I should start a thread... components for a light ar 10 platform.

Running AP M5E1 with Fulton Lower. 15-20 lbs depending on optic and Mag size length. Usually 20 rounder 147gr bullet. Weight adds up quickly. Savage released a model that is supposed to be light.

What bullet??? The most accurate one.. lol

Right now in my rock river my bullet of choice is the 55 Berger... it's been doing well for me on coyotes this season..

Wolves here are large and notoriously tough. I just want a weapon system that when the opportunity finally presents itself...I can capitalize to the fullest..

I my country shot opportunities can be from 0 yards to way the [beeep] out there.. and I think an accurate ar creed just might fit the bill.. I see rr is offering one now.. it's listed at 9.2 lbs I believe.. just wondering with lighter components how much can a guy save realistically..

Any bullet I would use on wolf would need to provide solid penetration at any range while also transferring as much energy as possible into the target.. I don't want to be limited as to shot selection... You may hunt all season for only one opportunity....

Originally Posted By: Jim ByersAny bullet I would use on wolf would need to provide solid penetration at any range while also transferring as much energy as possible into the target.. I don't want to be limited as to shot selection... You may hunt all season for only one opportunity....
That is the exact reason why I selected 308 caliber for my wolf calling rifle. That 150 grain bullet gives complete penetration from any angle which allows me to take any shot presented. I Went with a bolt rifle because the thought of carrying my pig of an ar10 around in the mountains is frightening.
smile.gif

been a bit since I have got back on
what barrel are you all using for the 6.5 creed
never built an AR but been wanting to for a long time and im at the point now I can start

Have you held an AR15 vs AR10, for a couple hours ?
I have both and just don't take the 10 hunting.. it does make it to the range.
Have a couple AR15 lowers & uppers for 223, 300BO, 6x6.8, 6.8SP each can get the job done in my terrain.
As far as barrels go, BHW is where I would start, its on my AR10 (20" 243), very accurate.

I have a Seekins SP10 in 6.5 Creedmoor

Incredibly accurate with factory and hand loads. Gas block is simple to adjust, flawless feeding, brake works like a champ...

Back