Thoughts on this scope Luepold vx 3i 6.5x20x50 varmint reticle cds side focus

RecoilSr1

My buddy purchased the scope only in the 40mm bell objective, l was impressed but i don't own scopes in the 1k range, so I'm ready to try the above scope for long range coyote and target work.????? Opinions?

Might want to think about their 3x18x50mm with the varmint ret. I have one on my Rock river and like it a lot. While 6x20 would be nice for bench shooting, the ability to open up to 3 power if need be while hunting has its advantages. This is really a great scope for hunting, and will save you a little weight over other high end scopes.

I agree with musky. I'm looking very hard a the 3x18 because you can turn down the power. A moving coyote on 6 power is hard to pick up in the scope where I hunt because it is so thick. Haven't seen many stand still for very long. My wife's Yorkie reminds me of a coyote, never stands still, always screwing with something, and hard to hit. I have used a 6x18x40 on FTR Class rifles at 1000 yds and had no problems seeing the target. Why don't you look around and go to the shops and look through the scopes you are interested in and then try to find one used. You can always send it back to Leupold for a checkup at no cost plus you could save some serious dollars if you don't mind buying used. When you find one you like post a WTB ad in the classifieds.

I would agree with Musky and look at the 3x18. I just put a vx6 on a 204 and really like it. The difference between 18 and 20 isn't much but at the bottom end the 3x compared to 6x is quite a lot. I went with the TMOA reticle and think it will work very well in the field as well as on the bench.

I believe they also make this Scope in 4.5-14x50, in y'alls opinion, is 4.5 low enough to be serviceable in the field?

Last edited:
Back