and this is why we have guns

This young man can feel a sense of accomplishment for the rest of his life. I agree it is not something to celebrate, but there is no need to feel bad about taking the life of someone who does not care about taking yours or the life of another.

the getaway driver has no knowledge of our felony murder law. She prolly never thought just being the get away driver would get her 3 first degree murder charges. A lot of lives destroyed in the time span of a few minutes. I have no sympathy for someone who thinks breaking into another man's home is the thing to do...

I have the utmost respect for those brave souls of the #thin blue line. However here we see the exception to their motto that says "there are two types of individuals in the world, the sheep and the sheep dog." They are brave and proud, rightfully so, but they leave out the third option, the shepherd. While most of us have great respect, many also are more than able to defend ourselves and our flock while our much loved sheepdogs are out of range in another part of the pasture. A great many times, when seconds count the sheepdog is minutes away. It is at that time that the shepherd handles the situation and leaves a mess to be handled much less strenuously by the sheep dogs when they eventually do arrive. And while we always grieve when harm befalls our brother sheepdog, the tragedy is just as great when a Sheperd is harmed by the wolves. Fortunely in this case the young shepherd had the proper training and instruction in the proper use of the shepherd's staff. His training and muscle memory served him well and I suspect that he will recover quickly from his sorrow of having to take 3 lives in self defense and spend the rest of his life living in calm confidence. EXCELLENT job young sheperd!

Lazerus said:
I do not celebrate loss of life. I especially feel bad that this young man has to live with this for the rest of his life. But at least he has the rest of his life to live.

Exactly! If those "CRIMINALS" wouldn't have decided to rob someone they would still be alive, doubt if it was their first time to rob someone either!

Originally Posted By: azmastablastaI have the utmost respect for those brave souls of the #thin blue line. However here we see the exception to their motto that says "there are two types of individuals in the world, the sheep and the sheep dog." They are brave and proud, rightfully so, but they leave out the third option, the shepherd. While most of us have great respect, many also are more than able to defend ourselves and our flock while our much loved sheepdogs are out of range in another part of the pasture. A great many times, when seconds count the sheepdog is minutes away. It is at that time that the shepherd handles the situation and leaves a mess to be handled much less strenuously by the sheep dogs when they eventually do arrive. And while we always grieve when harm befalls our brother sheepdog, the tragedy is just as great when a Sheperd is harmed by the wolves. Fortunely in this case the young shepherd had the proper training and instruction in the proper use of the shepherd's staff. His training and muscle memory served him well and I suspect that he will recover quickly from his sorrow of having to take 3 lives in self defense and spend the rest of his life living in calm confidence. EXCELLENT job young sheperd!

Good analogy AZ. I like it.

I am sure the "Kid" is sleeping much better knowing these Thugs will not rob or burglarize again.

I wouldn't worry about the kid, unless of course he or his family member(s) were deceased because of these 3 THUGS!

I wonder if he was using Vmax bullets.

It's a shame that he had to use force, but good for him for taking down 3 in a single face off. He must have had a lot of practice to do that.

It would also stand to reason that it's not a far stretch that robberies in the area are going to go down as it's most likely not the first time.

That troll that was driving is in for a real surprise when she realized that she is going or should be charged with their crimes and time.

Either way, good. less revolving door criminals. You break into a mans house and steal. You get what you deserve. I have no pity for the criminals and only hope the young man has the resolve to handle what has played out for him.

This happened just a few miles from my house. Thats why I keep a loaded 40 S&W close by. He did what he needed to do! Good job!

I just read that the burglars were ages 16,17,18. Were wearing masks and had knives and knuckle busters. The driver was a woman 21 years old. She turned herself in and is being charged with three counts of murder and three counts of burglary.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tnshootistShooting someone over things in a house might not be worth it.

I respect you, but disagree. Steal my stuff, act like you have a right to the things i have worked for, and you have shown me you have little value. I am happy to show you what should happen to thieves.

This is the one thing that i would like to change to the middle east.. Start cutting off the hand of a thief. There is so much stealing and we have to find a way to deal with it.

Originally Posted By: Tbone-AZOriginally Posted By: tnshootistShooting someone over things in a house might not be worth it.

I respect you, but disagree. Steal my stuff, act like you have a right to the things i have worked for, and you have shown me you have little value. I am happy to show you what should happen to thieves.

This is the one thing that i would like to change to the middle east.. Start cutting off the hand of a thief. There is so much stealing and we have to find a way to deal with it.

I am thinking of me and my future not the thief.
I have a problem with a thief going on right now stealing stuff off the upper farm.
Thats not being in my house but I don't like it much.

Originally Posted By: tnshootistOriginally Posted By: Tbone-AZOriginally Posted By: tnshootistShooting someone over things in a house might not be worth it.

I have a problem with a thief going on right now stealing stuff off the upper farm.

This is where good ol' Rock Salt in a 12 gauge shell might come in handy.

Originally Posted By: tnshootist

That's terrible..

maybe you could put out a hidden game camera and get a photo, then post it up in town. Do you know this Thief?? He's been stealing from our farm.

Out in such a rural area it takes a while to find out who is thieving but it comes out in time.
City life would be quite different I am sure.
If you call the law it usually takes an hour and a half if they show at all.
The community still depends on each other some. Not like it used to be but some.
If it gets around somebody is a thief they can't get much help with anything anymore.
We are getting a few drug dealers around now.
Thats a different story.The law won't do nothing.
There was a bad one out the road some time back but his house burnt one night and he didn't come back.

That right there sir, why rural community watch programs are worth their weight in gold..

To bad they were having a meeting that night the drug dealers home burned. Real shame.

But what you said about thieves are why i was suggesting that a game camera to get a photo and leave the pic up in town, at the feed store, and hardware store, would solve the issues.

There would have been a time that said thief would have shown up to make it right. Those seem to be gone.

Either way, hope it gets solved Tnshootist.

Originally Posted By: Tbone-AZOriginally Posted By: tnshootistShooting someone over things in a house might not be worth it.

This is the one thing that i would like to change to the middle east.. Start cutting off the hand of a thief. There is so much stealing and we have to find a way to deal with it. I agree with you there Tbone. If thieves were marked they would be less likely to do it.

Back