Some Help On A Older Skinner

LUCKYDOG

I bought about 25 knives in a box at an estate sale. I was really in the right place at the right time. Anyway this is one of the knives that was in it. It's a Imperial Frontier 432. I was wondering if anyone knew what kind of steel it has and what the handle was made from? What do you think would be the best thing to use to clean the blade up and what kind of results should I expect. Same thing with the handle. Do you think the handle was white at one time? What would be the best way to clean it and what is the best thing to use. I am not a knife expert at all. I can barely keep a good edge on my pocket and hunting knives. I will appreciate any input and advice you guys can give. Thanks in advance.

The steel used would be 1095HC. The handle material was called "old ivory" and is a delrin or delrin like material. It was never truly white, but a "yellowed with age" color. It'll take a good edge and hold it long enough to get to a sharpener. That is a darn good knife for general use.

Please DO NOT try to "Clean" that knife...leave the history and age on it. It is perfectly fine as-is, IMO.

Otherwise, RonO nailed the information, as far as I can tell.

Back