scope mounting options for shotgun

lastride

I am looking for scope mounting options for a benelli 20 ga legacy shotgun. I can not seem to find anything. Wanting to use it for turkey hunting and would like a scope for youth season, any ideas?

I thought about that but wondering if it would hurt the value of the shotgun. It is a beautiful the way it is. You think it would hurt the resale value of the gun?

It may be the wrong thing to do but, I want to take by 12 year old granddaughter turkey hunting and she seems to be more comfortable with a scope. I guess she just needs to learn to shoot without one.

I don't know that it's right or wrong, just curious the reason behind it. It's not usually necessary if the gun fits and shoots to point of aim. A couple boxes of cheap trap loads would be good practice for the little lady. Good luck, hope she smokes a long beard!

Doesn't Burris make a red dot that mounts in between the stock and receiver???? Not an expert on these, but I think they go on with no alterations to the gun. Not a scope, but probably a better aiming point to use???

Bernie mentioned it - the Burris Speed Bead. If it's available for that model and gauge it's a viable option.

Burris has recently started making a speed bead mount for 20ga. I'm hearing. What brand of guns it will fit I'm not sure of. If you don't want to d&t your benelli look into a cheaper wincheaster sa459. They are already drilled and taped from factory and are cheap guns that will flat shoot the light out and weighs in at around 6lb

Originally Posted By: BirdsandspursBurris has recently started making a speed bead mount for 20ga. I'm hearing. What brand of guns it will fit I'm not sure of. If you don't want to d&t your benelli look into a cheaper wincheaster sa459. They are already drilled and taped from factory and are cheap guns that will flat shoot the light out and weighs in at around 6lb

Winchester doesn't make the SA-459, Weatherby imports it.

Originally Posted By: GCOriginally Posted By: BirdsandspursBurris has recently started making a speed bead mount for 20ga. I'm hearing. What brand of guns it will fit I'm not sure of. If you don't want to d&t your benelli look into a cheaper wincheaster sa459. They are already drilled and taped from factory and are cheap guns that will flat shoot the light out and weighs in at around 6lb

Thanks for clearing that up GC.
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: lastrideIt may be the wrong thing to do but, I want to take by 12 year old granddaughter turkey hunting and she seems to be more comfortable with a scope. I guess she just needs to learn to shoot without one.

Very cool she shoots !

Originally Posted By: GCOriginally Posted By: BirdsandspursBurris has recently started making a speed bead mount for 20ga. I'm hearing. What brand of guns it will fit I'm not sure of. If you don't want to d&t your benelli look into a cheaper wincheaster sa459. They are already drilled and taped from factory and are cheap guns that will flat shoot the light out and weighs in at around 6lb

Oops dk why I put Winchester meant weatherby. Was feeding my dairy cows when I was posting so wasn't thinking I
Don't guess.

Wow what great options. No shot at a turkey this year but we put in some shooting time, and she will be ready next year for sure. Thanks for the help.

Originally Posted By: GC

ATA makes some of em for Weatherby, in Turkey, nice shotgun.

Back