BHW current wait time?

DiRTY DOG

Anyone know the current BHW wait time? I returned a bad new barrel 8 weeks ago and they are making a replacement, red flagged to go to the front of the line. (They confirmed it had chamber concentricity issues and short throat issues).

I called for an update today after waiting 8 weeks. My barrel is still at "chambering", then after that add a week for blackening, then add another week for shipping.

I always figure 10-12 weeks. Most times on the faster side. I think the fastest I had was about four weeks. I did get one in 72 hours once on a customer return that they called me about in a 6X6.8 but that was fluke.

Greg

Ordered one for my son on 1-20. Got shipping notice last week, due here tomorrow. Bead finish, no fluting. Eight weeks for me.

Originally Posted By: muskyOrdered one for my son on 1-20. Got shipping notice last week, due here tomorrow. Bead finish, no fluting. Eight weeks for me.

I ordered one on dec 18 and one on dec 28th and it still says in processing... Black shot peened finished for mine also no flutes.. .. No first come first serve??

Last edited:
I ordered one on 2/12 sure hope mine doesn't go to long it was a barrel for a gun we are taking PD hunting the first week of June.

I personally would never order anything that would take that long to get. If you have an issue you will be looking at a long turn around time again. I don't want instant gratification rush out the door junk either. It is for sure a problem.

Last edited:
I ordered one through Ritch, and last contact said lead times were running about 10 weeks. So ordered on 2/3, I still have 2.5 weeks...or more given some of these posts! Not a big issue, if it doesn't trickle past 12 weeks, as that was the long side of the delivery guesstimate. Kind of wish I could have found this one in stock(.204 Ruger barrel), as last week I ordered a very nice 6.8 SPC barrel, on Monday, and had it on Thursday.

Squeeze

I chatted with MR.Johnson today.. He explained how the barrels are processed and why some get out faster than others.. He is looking to get a web designer to help with their page to help with updates.. He also said my barrels along with others have shipped out last week.. I am guessing those who ordered barrels around the time I did should be receiving them soon.. Dan

.264 LBC Barrel ordered 1st week of February. Have got everything but the barrel. Anybody got any good loads for the Grendel. 100 gr to 123 bullets. Have Powder,Bullets,Primers. Got some Lapua Brass. 20" barrel. Any info would be appreciated.
Just waiting on a call from Ritch.

I ordered a 22-243 bolt action barrel on 1-17 and received it today. Was a straight taper no fluting just machine finish and 5/8 threads.

Originally Posted By: zr600I ordered a 22-243 bolt action barrel on 1-17 and received it today. Was a straight taper no fluting just machine finish and 5/8 threads.

That will be a nice one. I actually have mine on an action but I was so busy with the Senior Olympics and wringing out the 22 Nosler and my 25X45 I haven't have time to shoot it. I have 50 pieces of nice neck turned brass ready to go.

Greg

I ordered through Ritch, and it will be 10 weeks this Friday. At the time it was a toss up between Ritch(BHW barrel) or order from Xcaliber. I have one barrel from Xcaliber, that is pretty to look at, but accuracy and my load development haven't bonded yet, so I decided to go with a BHW barrel thru Ritch. The wait time will probably factor more heavily into the next barrel purchase decision.

Squeeze

Back