Suggestions on sounds for Fox pro?

Stub2

I am new to calling predators. I ve been using a combination of ICO TEC E-CALLER and handcalls. I hunt in Michigan, the northern part, which is mostly timber where I hunt.
So far I have been out on sets atleast 30 times. The closest I have come to calling in a coyote was to have one circle me 2-3 hundred yards out. I only know I was circled from the tracks I found later in the snow. That coyote was responding to my handcall-( Dan thompson rabbit distress call).
I just switched to a Fox pro Inferno and I am setting up the preset sounds. I am using pup distress for the Foxbang feature. What other sounds do those of you that use Fox pro use as favorites?

I own a Foxpro CS24c and I have always said the quality of Foxpro's calls is the best of any call company. The Foxpro TX1000 remote is the best remote to me in the industry especially because I only hunt at night. That being said Foxpro has the worst sound library available of any call company. All of Tony Tebbe's sounds are better than Foxpro's sounds. Some of the Primos sounds work great on our Foxpro's. The best sounding factory sounds of any caller by far is the Lucky Duck sounds.

Originally Posted By: ncyotecallerFoxpro has the worst sound library available of any call company.

you should tell the coyotes, fox and bobcat, that. i dont think they know. better hurry before they all end up dead.
tongue_smilie.gif

O own every fox pro sound and haven't even listened to them all yet. But there are some absolutely killer sounds in their library.

Bahahahaha I have been watching that post waiting for more bull. I guess someone realized that there is nothing incriminating me on that thread lol

Originally Posted By: reaper4Bahahahaha I have been watching that post waiting for more bull. I guess someone realized that there is nothing incriminating me on that thread lol

it is locked. no more bull in that one. ever.

but still, glad somebody posted bail for you. lol

Originally Posted By: lowtempguru"Foxpro has the worst sound library available " He obviously has never listened to any Dennis Kirk sounds.....lol

even kirk had one good one. never found it, but surely has to be at least one. or not. lol

all of the call makers have some good sounds, some really good sounds, some not so good, and some that seem pretty much worthless. fp has a good piece of the really good ones.

Actually Dennis managed 2 good ones.. Raccoon Pups 1 and Coyotes Fighting... the more a sound costs, the better it has to be right??... Remember how proud the WT owners were of their sounds when it cost $33.00 a pop to get one added to a call??

now you can buy a caller made in china for $33 and get a bunch of the wildlife tech sounds on it. maybe $38.95.
martz sold his soul to the devil. ummmm, i mean china. hehe

There was once a sound I really liked that had me thinking really highly of the person who put it out. Then after a buddy telling me to watch a national geographic special, I heard the exact sound. Listened to them both again and sure enough it was the same one

I had put coyote pup distress as my 1St preset and turned the foxbang on, The first time out my wooden hand call banged into the remote on my lanyard. You guessed it, off goes pup distress. I had barely sit down and wasn't prepared at all. To make things worse, I had set the sound at full volume.
I reset the foxbang from medium to low so it would be harder to set off. When I finally decided nothing was coming in, I started to stand up. Again the call and remote banged together and here come another round of pup distress full blast. So now the foxbang feature is turned off. Other than that I love my new Inferno.
Back to my original question, about the 10 preset to put in my call. I started with vole distress, and worked up the animal kingdom to more intense sounds. That took about 8 presets and I finished off the last 2 with woodpecker and Lucky bird. I set all the sounds to start off at 6 in volume and I turn them up as they play over a period of 5 minutes or so. It seems like a good set up but so far I haven't had any coyotes come in. Hawks, crows and a owl seem to enjoy my tones but thats not what I was looking for.

When you have hawks owls or crows coming in you can be satisfied that your doing something right. Might not have been any coyotes in that area at the time. Be on extra high alert when you call in a bird! I was on a coyote stand for almost 40 minutes with no action besides crows, so I said "the [beeep] with it", picked up my shotgun to drop a crow or 2 and that's when I seen a coyote [beeep] near turn inside out running away from me 40 yards away. Kick in the pants.

Back