TOMB mount timing

k9hunter2

How critical is it to have the tomb mount timed at 12 oclock? I only plan on shooting this gun with a suppressor. Even with the included washer I can't get it to line up at 12 oclock. Tried calling SAS and there was no answer but I left a voicemail. This is for a SAS Reaper MX by the way.

It is not critical with the can on it. More of a an appearance and function issue if you are going to leave the TOMB on when you aren't shooting it without the can. I have a SAS Arbiter MX and leave the TOMB in the suppressor. I take the thread protector off and then put the can on so it doesn't really matter about the orientation. Orientation of the TOMB doesn't matter if you don't shoot it without the can.

Originally Posted By: k9hunter2How critical is it to have the tomb mount timed at 12 oclock? I only plan on shooting this gun with a suppressor. Even with the included washer I can't get it to line up at 12 oclock. Tried calling SAS and there was no answer but I left a voicemail. This is for a SAS Reaper MX by the way.

Orientation does not matter, however it's easy to time up and I would.

The supplied washer will peel apart to accomplish this. Get a disposable razor blade and use it to peel off the amount needed. The washer looks like a single washer but it's actually many that's smashed together. Talk to Tim at SAS if your still having issues or need another washer.

Great choice on a suppressor, enjoy!

Originally Posted By: k9hunter2How critical is it to have the tomb mount timed at 12 oclock? I only plan on shooting this gun with a suppressor. Even with the included washer I can't get it to line up at 12 oclock. Tried calling SAS and there was no answer but I left a voicemail. This is for a SAS Reaper MX by the way.

Feel free to ring me if you have any Questions. 816-718-9489.
Thanks
RLTW
Steve

Heat the washer with a match on one side then a sharp knife will separate it. I would hold it with pliers to save finger skin, it can get hot! Try different combinations of washers, just hand tight until it is about 1/16 of a turn left to go. Then use lock tite red and tighten till straight.

Originally Posted By: k9hunter2Thank you guys. I did not realize how the washer worked. Tried the suppressor out and it sounds great!

Good deal, glad you got it figured out.

Welcome to the SAS club! Looking forward to hear about your results, cheers!

Originally Posted By: decanuckIt is not critical with the can on it. More of a an appearance and function issue if you are going to leave the TOMB on when you aren't shooting it without the can. I have a SAS Arbiter MX and leave the TOMB in the suppressor. I take the thread protector off and then put the can on so it doesn't really matter about the orientation. Orientation of the TOMB doesn't matter if you don't shoot it without the can.

I would be VERY leary of leaving the TOMB inside all the time. I get what you are doing, your basically turning it into a DT but my concern would be carbon buildup and you have an extremely hard time getting the TOMB out.

Originally Posted By: Kino MOriginally Posted By: decanuckIt is not critical with the can on it. More of a an appearance and function issue if you are going to leave the TOMB on when you aren't shooting it without the can. I have a SAS Arbiter MX and leave the TOMB in the suppressor. I take the thread protector off and then put the can on so it doesn't really matter about the orientation. Orientation of the TOMB doesn't matter if you don't shoot it without the can.

I would be VERY leary of leaving the TOMB inside all the time. I get what you are doing, your basically turning it into a DT but my concern would be carbon buildup and you have an extremely hard time getting the TOMB out.

Kino,
A little bit of Anti-seize on the the Threads works great, and keeps carb out of the picture.
I keep several of mine SAS cans all time.
My GO TO WAR SBR, AND BOLT GUN are always combat ready.

Thanks
Steve
RLTW

Good to know. I guess as long as you stay on top of it a person would be ok.

I run a high temperature MG grease on my threads that I've had great luck with.

Back