Montana 2017. Kinda Live. Final Update!

That was a great read!

You'll always remember this trip. Definitely a good idea! Was it hard going back to New York?

Growing up in the east, I've never made it out west. Someday...someday.

Originally Posted By: DakotaBoyVery nice photo spread,
were the bighorns and the badlands the SD badlands?
Great adventure!

Yeah about halfway through the badlands they came up over a ledge. Growing up you always see pictures of them, but until you see them in person you don't understand just how thick and tough they really are.

Hardest part about coming home was trying to figure when I would make it back out again. I've been out west twice in the past 6 months which I believed spoiled me. I love it and I believe as soon as it's financially viable after college graduation, I'm going to move out there. Something about New York just makes me fill closed in, it's home now, but not forever.

Collin

What is your major?
Or maybe better question is what are your career thoughts at this time?
Just thinking what you could use as a path to move into the wide open west for your life's journey ?

Originally Posted By: DakotaBoyWhat is your major?
Or maybe better question is what are your career thoughts at this time?
Just thinking what you could use as a path to move into the wide open west for your life's journey ?

Sustainable Construction Management and Engineering is my major. My career thoughts are basically that I love the residential side of construction but I know the money and majority of the jobs are in commercial. I'm realistic in knowing that I won't end up where I want to be right out of college, but planning my moves to get out there is my main priority. I might not end up in the "wide open west" but if I'm closer than 28 hours to it, I'd be very happy.

Welcome to my world!!!
Some of your pictures looked very familiar.
In fact you probably walked by many of my spent shells...
Next time you come you need to fly and rent a truck so you can get the Maximum time shooting coyotes and prairie dogs.

Very nice pictures and great scenery! Looks like hunter of the month for sure!! Glad you enjoyed the trip and had some success and made many memories of Montana. Next time you will have a better idea of what to expect and what plans to make. My son was stationed in Fort Drum for 4 years and did a tour of duty in Afghanistan and Iraq. He became a Yankee and Jets fan. He has made a few trips back to watch the Yankees play etc. Thanks for the write up, stay safe and healthy. Rudy

Although our days of manifest destiny are behind us, the phrase "go west young man" is still appropriate in your case. Live where you like to play.

Last edited:
Back