planning a trip west

Brave1975

Like to get out west and shoot some predators and photograph some scenery.

Any places a guy should go or see in the Dakotas, WY, MT, CO, NM ?

Like to take the kids before they are to old to be with mom and dad.

I know the obvious places, or tourist stuff that pops up on Google searches. How about off the path stuff ?

Thank you in advance

Check out the NRA Whittington Center at Raton,NM. Some pretty country and every kind of shooting range known to civilized man.

Accommodations from primitive camping to cabins.

Regards,
hm

Bad Lands, Wall Drug, Mt Rushmore and Crazy horse, also Custer State Park, Deadwood and Custer City. There is an 1880's train tour from Hill City to Keystone. And tons of places in between available in SD.

If you get to Raton NM like HM said take highway 72 east from Raton to Folsom up top on Johnson Mesa. Top of the world up there, If I could live up there, I would be there the rest of my life.

Wyoming ? Nothing to see here !
Just kidding - there are some off the beaten track places that are not tourist type places
Like the town of Hartville

View rushmore from the mountains and not up close. Eat at the gas station outside of the badlands in Interior,SD. Cody Firearms museum in Cody Wy. Will take all day to tour the museum. Yellowstone in June when the flowers are blooming. Wyoming hwy 296, Ten sleep pass,wy. So many great places. Spent 3 weeks riding my bike with family. Awesome country.

Have a beer in Rockford SD.
See the badlands in early or late light
See Crazy Horse as well as Mt Rushmore
Needles highway and the Custer Park area.
All in SD.

Back