Good night in Michigan

Rotty

Seen 10, 4 shots fired 3 down.
My 2 were with the 6.5 grendel, my buddies was a .243.
Allshot under night snipe lights

Great job! What part of Michigan do you hunt? Other than hunting at night is there anything special you are doing to be successful?

Way to go Kevin. I got one last night. Kind of a fluke. Too much bad luck on stand. First rifle slipped off bipod, muzzle right in the dirt. Cleaned the barrel, got the dirt out of the bore. Five minutes later remote slips off knee into the dirt. Crossfire with the rotating button to select and then push to play desired call. Push does not play selected call. Must have gotten some dirt in there. Was going to give it up. Went to where I had the speaker placed and decided to manually play pup in distress. First scan with the light and four or five sets of eyes coming hard from a couple hundred yards. To my surprise it was all deer. I had to verify several times. Have seen it before but was sure thinking they were coyotes. They stopped about 150-175 yards out and all of a sudden up go the tails and off they go. Quick scan of the area reveals what I was sure to be a coyote. This one was, coming fairly hard with a lot of commitment. Had a diaphragm call and barked, no stopping; still coming. Minor hesitation and a miss on my part. Still coming much to my surprise. Two barks and stops briefly, this one was right on the mark and DRT!

Planning to go out for many stands tomorrow night if it isn't raining. Rest of the weekend doesn't look too good. Almost a new moon so I am thinking critters should be on the move.

Congrats and keep after em!

Back