Many shooting lvsf's

I put one in a BDL stock.....the barrel has a different contour than standard Remington sporters...the diameter changes about half way down the forend...so it looked kinda wierd....
Didn't hurt anything but I couldn't live with it...

Supposedly their Mountain rifles have the same contour as the LVSF but I'm not sure they ever came in wood...

Originally Posted By: BirdsandspursI set mine in a stock the other week and noticed that too. Wonder if it would affect accuracy

Properly bedded and floated the barrel channel would be a non-issue.

Originally Posted By: RePeteI put one in a BDL stock.....the barrel has a different contour than standard Remington sporters...the diameter changes about half way down the forend...so it looked kinda wierd....

Supposedly their Mountain rifles have the same contour as the LVSF but I'm not sure they ever came in wood...

The LVSF rifles have magnum sporter contour barrel profiles. They're much bigger than the pencil thin Mountain Rifle barrel profile.

This is not the only place I've seen this stated.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2515626

I have two: .204R and .221FB; these and my Coopers chambered the same are four rifles I'll never sell. Had the .204 stock dipped in Bell and Carlson's "Freedom Green" when they offered that service, and it's a looker.
Not a big thumbhole stock fan, but I was recently perusing the Boyd's catalog and wondering if the barrel channel diameter of the Thumbhole Varmint would be too large for an LVSF contour to look "right" in it.

Originally Posted By: Winny FanOriginally Posted By: RePeteI put one in a BDL stock.....the barrel has a different contour than standard Remington sporters...the diameter changes about half way down the forend...so it looked kinda wierd....

The LVSF rifles have magnum sporter contour barrel profiles. They're much bigger than the pencil thin Mountain Rifle barrel profile.

This is not the only place I've seen this stated.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2515626

I read it on the interweb.....that's why I said "supposedly".

Only thing I know for sure is that mine fit in a sporter stock but looked like he11.

I have one in 17 rem, 204, 221 fireball, 22 250, and have a deal cut on a 223 from a member here. Mine are all very low round count guns and the 17 and 221 are half inch or better guns. The 204 and 22 250 are .750" ish or a hair better guns.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: varminter .223I have one in 17 rem, 204, 221 fireball, 22 250, and have a deal cut on a 223 from a member here. Mine are all very low round count guns and the 17 and 221 are half inch or better guns. The 204 and 22 250 are .750" ish or a hair better guns.

17 and 221 interest me a lot.

Like to have a 243 308 and the 7mm08

I have one in 17 Rem that I had the scope /rings and rifle dipped in King's Desert camo.
Had Greg Tannel sleeve the firing pin and tigger tuned in at 24 oz. Seems its been sitting in the Gun safe now for about 3 years. Been playing with other stuff.

I bought a lvsf 17Rem used and it was already in a Boyd's thumbhole stock. Rechambered to 17-204 and pillar bedded. Shoots very well but barrel cleaning is more often then I've had to deal with in the guns I've had before. Overall I really like
The barrel contour and will duplicate when replacing the barrel. Looks perfect in the stock. I'm pretty sure it's the same contour as the m7 predator too.

Originally Posted By: BirdsandspursHow you guys like that 221 compared to the 204
Kinda apples to oranges, but (so far) I can't get the same accuracy from my .221 as the .204 - which does cloverleaf 3-4 shot groups, as long as I keep that carbon ring cleaned from the throat. And of course, the Fireball doesn't have the longer-range power/speed of the .204; but it's hard to beat at efficiently killing big groundhogs out to 250 yards, and I no longer own a .22 Hornet as a small centerfire in case a coyote makes itself available.

Back