question for Browning BAR owners

Roger London

I just bought a new Browning BAR mk3 in .243. I want to get an extra magazine for it but can't find one that says it's for a Mark 3. Does anybody know if they are the same as the mark 2 or Short Trac?

I would assume so, if it was a 243 BAR magazine it would fit, but you know about assuming. Call 800-322-4626 and ask Browning Parts and Product Service.

Good luck, I have a little Browning BAR Lightweight Stalker in 243, a tackdriver right there. Just bought a Browning BAR in 270, easiest recoiling 270 I've ever shot.

Let me know. I just bought a new long Trac 30-06 and want another clip. I also saw a video with a 10 shot clip. Anyone know the source for them?

A 10 shot magazine for the newer BAR rifles with the attached floor plate? Without some sort of bottom metal conversion kit I don't see how that's possible.

I believe it would have to require a conversion kit. Common sense would tell you that a 10 shot clip would not work with the swing down floor plate.

"Drop Box Magazine" version - no swinging floor plate. I never did care for the attached swinging floor plate.

Back