BHW barrel price increase

I checked a couple of other barrel vendors, and it looks like more than BHW prices are going up. My favorite 6.8spc AR barrel vendor hasn't yet, so this morning I ordered a barrel and a bolt, for an upper I am assembling for my oldest son. He should have a fine "deer" rifle, come next hunting season. Glad this thread got started, as it got me off the dime on getting that project moving forward.

One would think that with the firearms market going flat, there will be sales on some of the more popular pre-made AR barrels. Maybe the custom market is still going strong.

Squeeze

Originally Posted By: SqueezeI checked a couple of other barrel vendors, and it looks like more than BHW prices are going up. My favorite 6.8spc AR barrel vendor hasn't yet, so this morning I ordered a barrel and a bolt, for an upper I am assembling for my oldest son. He should have a fine "deer" rifle, come next hunting season. Glad this thread got started, as it got me off the dime on getting that project moving forward.

One would think that with the firearms market going flat, there will be sales on some of the more popular pre-made AR barrels. Maybe the custom market is still going strong.

Squeeze

I think some of what we are seeing is the price of steel, 416R, has gone up and if you look around more people are offering barrels and the demand for the material is rising rapidly. The biggest supplier of it is in Germany and they are going balls to the wall because of customer demand.

Greg

Originally Posted By: GLShooterOriginally Posted By: SqueezeI checked a couple of other barrel vendors, and it looks like more than BHW prices are going up. My favorite 6.8spc AR barrel vendor hasn't yet, so this morning I ordered a barrel and a bolt, for an upper I am assembling for my oldest son. He should have a fine "deer" rifle, come next hunting season. Glad this thread got started, as it got me off the dime on getting that project moving forward.

Squeeze

I think some of what we are seeing is the price of steel, 416R, has gone up and if you look around more people are offering barrels and the demand for the material is rising rapidly. The biggest supplier of it is in Germany and they are going balls to the wall because of customer demand.

Greg

This is true, I work in the metals business and the surcharges on stainless just moved to the European system and they're like double what they used to be. All the mill's are rising their prices accordingly and it drastically effects solid bar due to the weight of it, the surcharge goes by the pound.

maybe we in America get back to making great steel here and get rid of a lot of the regs that stripe us of the ability to defend our selves we use to be the worlds supplier of fine steel products and it makes sense that if we make it here it will cost less, just a thought

Back