nor'eastern approaching, do you prefer pre-storm, during, or post-storm calling?

ShawnNwv. I have a idea where that's at I hunt with a guy from Wardensville so we hunt all a round there and moorefield. Trying to shoot at the same time is tricky both people have to be on the same page. We might be able to hook up and hunt but I'm about done till mid summer or late summer unless a farmer calls and the coyotes are bothering his cows or sheep.

wardensville huh? does he own the truck with the FOXPRO decal on the back glass in Warrensville, ive seen that truck a few times and thought about stopping in and introducing myself to see if whoever it was needed a partner. i really like solo hunting most the time, but ive run into alot of setups where a second or third hunter was necessary and i didnt have anyone. i scouted about a 4 mile area today, found a heavy beat trail covered in dog n cat tracks, yote scat all up n down it. gonna get on google earth and figure out how to make the stand because its so thick with laurel, youd play [beeep] even with a shotgun. definitely a main travel route [beeep]. the road above it had scat up n down too, with a clearly marked boundary from a pack that has one [beeep] of an alpha judging the size of one of the piles and set of tracks. big cats too. probably not gonna call it til right before bow season, before hunters litter the area. had a blast scouting today, was gorgeous out.

The foxpro guy is a buddy that I hunt with he's a pretty good guy. I to like hunting alone will with my dog anyways. I don't mind hunting with a partner sometimes you always learn something from the other person. I don't do much scouting like that I mostly walk property lines and hunt fields unless it's a morning day time hunt then I will hunt in the woods.

Last edited:
Back