Thread Protector

foxrunner

Just getting finished with my 6.8 build. I have an ARPerformace 20" Triad with a 5/8-24 threaded barrel. I'm looking for a thread protector cap but everything I see has an o.d. of .750
The end of my barrel is .719 anyone use anything different as far as a thread protector ? or is the 5/8-25 x .750 my only option?

Originally Posted By: foxrunnerJust getting finished with my 6.8 build. I have an ARPerformace 20" Triad with a 5/8-24 threaded barrel. I'm looking for a thread protector cap but everything I see has an o.d. of .750
The end of my barrel is .719 anyone use anything different as far as a thread protector ? or is the 5/8-25 x .750 my only option?

As I've looked around I have seen nothing that would match that diameter. All my AR barrels are pretty much the industry standard 0.750.

Greg

to go smaller would be hard you have threads on the inside and when you knureled the outside dia there not to much metal in left . you could have it turned down. straight cut the knureling off.

Doesn't really matter if the thread protector is just a little larger diameter.

I have a bunch of A2 flash hiders from different builds and rebuilds, I end up using them as thread protectors most of the time, instead of a plain thread protecting nut.

Last edited:
Back