3 coyote Sunday

Seebass

I invited a buddy coyote hunting yesterday. It was a good day, we made 7 stands while getting back to our trucks by 1pm.

Blanked on the first stand. On our second stand we used a full mount coyote decoy set out 20 yards to my right. We set up on a fence line facing NNE. Ryan spotted 4 coyotes to the north out 500+ yards as we began the stand. I started with Vole squeaks mixed with a a couple of howls and then played BayBee cottontail. At 5 minutes a coyote appeared out of nowhere 100 yards away staring at the decoy. I turned and took a quick shot, DRT!

I continued calling for another 4 minutes when we spot a pair of coyotes to the east on a ridge line 300+ yards away. I go between vole squeaks, pup dis 3 and pup screams and the coyotes begin to work. A third coyote joined them at 250 and overtook the pair on the way in. They all held up with the closest at about 200 yards. Ryan made a great shot and dropped it, another DRT at 20 minutes! 2 females

We made a couple more blank stands and as we were crossing the ranch we spotted a pair at 100 yards. I let Ryan take the shot, she rolled up after running 50 yards or so. Another female

3 coyotes for the day!! We saw another 8-9 throughout the day with no good shots available. 2 of the 3 had mange. One real bad and another just around the eye. This is the first time I've ever seen mange out on the ranch!

Carlos

HOMnomination_zpskztnelgn.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Back