Best side charge upper for the money?

varminter .223

I am gonna build 2 night calling rigs, a 22 nosler and a 6x6.8 and would like to use side charge uppers. Who makes the best for the buck? My buddy has a stoner and it seems ok.

IMO SD (Specialized Dynamics) makes a really nice side charge upper.

Others don't like him, or his wait times. I don't have issues with him Personally, and was willing to wait.

I have a lot of Friends that use his rifle and his rifle shoots well. I have bought parts and built my own.

Good luck.. There are more options and lots of personal preferences out there.

Go to rainer arms mega billet side charge upper then go to young mfg national match side carrier I don't get the bolt I usually get a jp bolt.built like a brick .s--- house. You get what you pay for!!

varminter.223. you ever sit down and figure out what each coyote costs you? still married?
lol.gif

No I don't calculate what each coyote cost me and I for sure don't calculate what each deer cost me .....that would be much worse!
w00t.gif
It seems my wife calculates these very closely though.....and yes she is still my wife
smile.gif
Not saying she don't threaten to not be on occasion
huh.gif

Thermal will sure challenge a marriage
tt1.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotvarminter.223. you ever sit down and figure out what each coyote costs you? still married?
lol.gif

Oh man those coyotes ARE expensive lol. But they are a lot cheaper than a wife, especially if you figure cost per fun-hour over the years!

I'm happy with my side charger from Joe Bob's. Left hand charge, right eject and comes with a different cam pin to use any standard bolt carrier.

Originally Posted By: varminter .223 No I don't calculate what each coyote cost me and I for sure don't calculate what each deer cost me .....that would be much worse!
w00t.gif
It seems my wife calculates these very closely though.....and yes she is still my wife
smile.gif
Not saying she don't threaten to not be on occasion
huh.gif

Thermal will sure challenge a marriage
tt1.gif

Loose Lips.....Sink Ships
sneaky2.gif
They don't need to know all and she would kill me if I gave anyone of you her cell #
mad.gif

Build them both and don't look back !!! It's only money
thumbup.gif

Now I know why Pulsar has 3 Zeroing Profiles / 15 Distances

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: varminter .223I'm self employed and my wife does my book keeping.....
scared.gif

Ya she sees all......I think she has just given up
thumbup1.gif

Give me a call Got some info for you

Originally Posted By: SubpaRI'm happy with my side charger from Joe Bob's. Left hand charge, right eject and comes with a different cam pin to use any standard bolt carrier.

+1 This. JoeBob's or New Frontier Armory's SC uppers are pretty much the same. Non-reciprocating is a bonus on both. I have the NFA one. In fact now that I think about it all my receiver sets are NFA...

How do these non reciprocating left side charge handle uppers work as far as being able to chamber the initial round or a tight round. In other words is there any forward assist mechanism. I assume you cant push of the charger handle to chamber a round?

Originally Posted By: varminter .223How do these non reciprocating left side charge handle uppers work as far as being able to chamber the initial round or a tight round. In other words is there any forward assist mechanism. I assume you cant push of the charger handle to chamber a round?

Correct about pushing on the charging handle and there is no forward assist or dust cover.

Originally Posted By: G AndersonTry Patriot Arms and Supply in Georgia...I believe they are Bear Creek Arms(BCA) side charge uppers. Sturdy built and operate nice. I have 2 of them and not had any issues. Check them out.

https://www.patriotarmsandsupply.com/product-p/bcside.htm

Gene
These look just like a stoner only billet and less money. I think I like that fact that they have a bolt handle that can be used to quietly chamber a round and it is in a familiar spot like most auto loader shotguns. Thanks!

Last edited:
Back