Tell Us A Little About Yourself

Welcome to Predator Masters!
thumbup.gif

Aaron Fisher, 19 years old and have been in the PA National Guard for 2.5 years. Started hunting when i was about 10 years old going out for the spring and fall Turkey hunts with my grandfather. As the years progressed i got more and more into hunting and fishing mostly deer, turkey, squirrel, bass and trout. At the age of 16 i killed my first and only buck of my life (im not a fantastic hunter lol) nice 6 point with no brow tines. I got so excited i tripped on a log running up to it. Shortly after at the age of 17 i signed my life to the PA Guard. Now i am currently an employee at Foxpro in the Technical Support Division. Very new to predator hunting but plan to learn a lot from the folks around the world!

Hello,

I'm 45 and live in SW Washington State. I grew up in Central Montana and graduated from Montana State is Bozeman. During that time I was an avid hunter and fisherman.

After moving to Washington State, I quit hunting but increased my fishing because of the amazing steelhead and salmon fishing out here.

Recently I decided to get back into predator and varmint hunting. I have a NIB Ruger No. 1 in 22-250 ordered and should arrive any day, looking forward to getting my hands on it and sending some lead downfield. I chose the Ruger No. 1 because I am left handed and wanted a gun comfortable for me to shoot but also something that I could pass down to my right handed son.

Anyone that is in Washington or Oregon that can drop me some hints on good spots to find yotes or rock chucks would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to spending some time reading and getting knowledge....

Jess

Hey! New on the forum and to Coyote Hunting. I live in south central Wisconsin and the coyote population is pretty strong . I'm a long time hunter of just about everything else through.....Waterfowl, vermin, deer, small game. Spend winter hunting and summers fishing. The more time outside the better. Just scooped up a NIB Stevens 200 in .223 and so far box ammo 1/2 moa. Looking forward to trying it out this fall on some critters. I'm a former Marine and love long range shooting. I hope to learn a thing or two here about coyote hunting and improve my odds and maybe share some knowledge on the things I've learned. Anyone in South central Wi interested in getting out...lets touch base!

Last edited:
Hello, 27 here from Missouri. Planning on getting in to predator hunting this year to keep me out in the woods more than just deer season. I've got a little .223 single shot. But would like to eventually get in to the ar world. Looking forward to learning a lot from this site.

It's a little different for me I guess. I don't hunt anymore, but I reload and like what I've seen on this site so far. I go by kcender (read in reverse if you like) on this forum and I am a retired building contractor. The older I get the more I realize I can learn from others and that is why I am here. Living in northern Kalifornia I sometimes need to live vicariously through other more fortunate gun owners. My motto is: if you are not breaking a couple of laws in Kalifornia, you are just not trying hard enough. Gun people are some of the nicest people and are always willing to help each other and are not the least bit opinionated, Ha! Mostly just buying powder, bullets and primers while I still can and exercising my constitutional rights. I have an affinity for rifles that shoot accurately, even if I can't and cold beer; never at the same time of course. I distrust politicians of both parties and my heroes are people who give more than they get and protect us. Hope that works.

New to the page. I'm Cody Winskey from Northeast Alabama. I started up IShouldBOffRoad Predator Hunting to help out the local farmers in my area with their predator issue affecting their income. I am currently Pro-Staff for Bucks of Alabama, field-staff for Predator Tactics, and field-staff for Prym1 camo. I enjoy night hunting more then day calling. 25 years old currently Project Engineer and before that served 4 years in the United States Marine Corp. I shoot 5.56 and .308 with a big lean towards my .308 for hunting. Hope to learn and teach what I know to others.

Howdy folks, I suppose this is as good a place as any for a new member to introduce themselves.

I'm a young man of 23. Just got done with a stint in the service, and moved to NoDak. With the prices on Coyote pelts the way they are, I figured I should try and see what everyone else might be having luck with. So I found my way here.

Most of the predator hunting I ever did was shooting the coyotes that were harassing the chickens. Same goes for raccoons and badgers. Plenty of rabbits, rock chucks, and ground squirrels though. So more experience with varmint, as simple as it is.

Current setup is a CZ455 .22mag for small/close stuff, and a Rem700 in 22-250 that I'm hoping to put to use on Coyotes at slightly longer range.

Last edited:
Hello, Rahlow here, pronounced like Lamont's friends name on Sanford and Son,

61, new to dawg huntin, live in South Carolina, hate snow, rode a motorcycle until a few months ago, had to find a new hobby to spend ungodly amounts of money on lol

I apologize if this is in the wrong spot but I'm new here and this looked as close to an "Introduction" thread as I could find.

I'm Larry. I'm 23. I am a Maintenance Mechanic at the County Jail. I am a former Security Guard of 3 years prior to my Maintenance job and bounced around factories as a Temporary Associate for the couple years leading up to that after my High School Graduation.

I bought a house this past August with my lovely 21 year old girlfriend who has put up with me since April of 2014. She is a Lead Teller at the local Credit Union where she has been for 2 years. She is very slowly getting into shooting and hunting. And by slow I mean slowwwww. But I have patience. I finally got her into it enough to where she was ecstatic about the 9mm that I got her for her birthday last year. This year I hope to get her into long guns and will hopefully get her a small centerfire rifle for her birthday to be my hunting partner.

I like to consider myself a gun nut. I have a Concealed Pistold License and I carry 99/100 times a Glock 19 and 2 spare mags full of Hornady Critical Duty and a Glock 30SF loaded up with Federal HST's on those odd days. I also have a Maverick 88 all-purpose 12 GA, a Browning Light-Twelve Auto 5 that was passed down to me by my father, a Remington 1100 Trap Model, and my predator gun: a S&W M&P 15 Sport. My family has gotten i to Clay Target shooting in the last 5 years as they started a Clay Target team at my former High School where my younger brother and sister have taken advantage and smoke the competition. I am a seasoned Whitetail hunter and have kind of grown away from it as I explore all the other forms of hunting. But I'm not saying I'm done with it either. As a child my family were die hard Whitetail hunters so I never got the experience of hunting anything else so I am attempting to learn all the do's and dont's and gather up all the equipment I'll need to harvest the species at hand. I'm severely attracted to Predator hunting so I'm diving in head first. I've been lurking hard here because of the abundance of great information. I hope to maybe meet up with some of you some time and maybe call in some dogs and fox.

Last edited:
I am a 28 year old graduate student in kansas. In the university world there are not a lot of hunters so I am always looking to meet new people. I have built a couple of AR15s and an ar10. I'm always working on some sort of project...the gun collecting addiction runs deep. I am waiting on my first supressor and am building an active night vision system. I've seen a diy rig or two here so I will enjoy learning more about those. I don't have access to much hunting land here but I get out as much as possible in my home state of Wisconsin. I do my deer hunting in Cazenovia on some land my younger brother does a great job managing. I would like to bag some yotes but they frown on that in the suburbs of wichita! I do have some access to land nearby so hopefully I will have some pictures to share soon.

Last edited:
My name is Mike and I've been on here for about a year. I grew up in the Finger Lakes region of NY and left as soon as I got out of college. Spent 5 years in the Navy mainly between California and Alaska and a couple years working for the Air Force. Been working with public safety and forestry for the past 17 years. Have a desk job in the off season then wait for the phone to ring for wildfire support in the summer and fall. Growing up my father was a wildlife biologist and goods friends had a huge farm. We hunted pretty much everything and did varmint/woodchuck control for the farmers in the summer. Got out of hunting for years with the military and such but got hooked up with a great family in Upstate SC and back into hunting. Family has 100 head of cows or so, now learning how to coyote hunt as a few calves have been taken. Really enjoy reloading and getting really accurate groups. Have a wife that is daughter and grand daughter of police officers so range time and hunting are all good. If you're in the Central or Upstate SC area drop me a line.

My name is Tim spike Davis. I work and live in the inner city of Chicago with a church. I also draw the coyote cartoons , Scattered Thoughts , for Predator Xtreme magazine. I have been happily married for 28 years to the love of my life.

Good Mornning All. I say Good Morning because that is what it is here in Afghansistan. Not new to the site but has been a VERY long time since I have been on. I have been working as an Armed Security Contrator for the State Department for the last 4 or 5 years and haven't gotten on here much since being over here. Just wanted to give a shout out and say hi to everyone on here. I really miss being able to get out and get some dogs and hopefully soon will be able to get back at it. Hoping everyone is having a great day.

Hey everybody, new to the forum here. I've been reading through it for about a month or so and finally decided to join. The amount of knowledge on these boards is unlike anything else I have came across. I've been hunting my whole life but never for predators and am ready to get going.

I am from Florida originally but am now living out in Colorado. Looking for dogs in these mountains seems like it's going to be a challenge but that's never stopped me. I ordered the Primos Alpha Dogg and that should be here midweek.

After doing six years in the Army and being medically retired, I vowed to spend my life as peaceful and honest as I can. Basically just staying outside fulfills this for me and I couldn't be more excited to have another outlet.

Anyway, if anyone would want to hunt together or maybe just send some pointers this way, feel free. My schedule is very flexible and once I get the Alpha Dogg I plan on spending more time chasing coyotes than not!

Hello, everyone! Newbie here, from Tampa. I'm glad to have found this great online hunting community. I'm hoping to learn more from the other members here. Cheers!

Greetings all, longtime reader, 1st time poster. I'm a 43 yo married male from BFE IA. I'm a Class I FFL dealer of 19 years. I'm a NRA Pistol Instructor (& NRA Life Member). Also current member of SCI, NWTF. Former member of HHI & VHA. 20+ years ago, I did a brief stint in the Army as a 12B. I hunt everything available in my area from squirrels to whitetails. I'm a turkey hunting nut and hunt nest-raiding varmints & predators to ease the pressure on my local birds.

Back