lower parts kits

Lorne

are there some lower parts kits that are better than other ones I was looking at a couple today seen a smith and west mp lower kit are they good??

I don't care which one I get...whatever is on sale. I never buy the kit with the trigger, though. Joe Bob Outfitters has some good deals on em.

I don't think there's much difference in the lpks. I usually go with what's on sale, preferably with a place that allows you to customize them to your liking.

Red Barn Armory is normally the place I recommend (if you plan on using an aftermarket trigger), LINK

Last edited:
If you get one with a trigger. Order the JP reduced spring kit. Otherwise you will end up with an 8 or 9 lb. trigger. Joebobs or Palmetto State Armory usually has good prices and good quality.

anymore, I look for lower receiver parts kits that come without any trigger components or a pistol grip. I usually end up using JP trigger kits in pretty much everything I build, so I don't really need the extra parts laying around.

I found there is a distinct difference in lower parts kits. Price is no indicator as some of the worst I have used were not cheap and some of the cheaper ones the best. With a Wyoming stone, JP springs and a adjusting screw thru the pistol grip bolt I can get a smooth, no take up, no creep 3 1/2 #s every time. I never use the pistol grip or trigger guard that come in the kits.

Back