State Legislator in Illinois Introduces Gun Confiscation Bill

hm1996

Staff member
Heads up, guys/gals....here it comes:

Quote:
State Legislator in Illinois Introduces Gun Confiscation Bill
By Thomas N | Featured Commentator | March 13, 2017 2:22PM

Anti-gun liberals don’t support the Second Amendment. While they are busy growing the size and scope of government, they don’t trust individuals with firearms.

Now, in the state of Illinois, where violent crime is skyrocketing in Chicago, politicians are considering a Democrat-backed bill which would allow for gun confiscation, as long as any family member or law enforcement official asks for it to happen.

If the cops believe you’re a danger to yourself, they can take your gun away. Never mind all the thousands of criminals in Chicago who are never giving up THEIR guns.

Here is the key part of Illinois SB 1291 :

Creates the Lethal Violence Order of Protection Act. Provides that a petitioner may request an emergency lethal violence order of protection by filing an affidavit or verified pleading alleging that the respondent poses an immediate and present danger of causing personal injury to himself, herself, or another by having in his or her custody or control, owning, purchasing, possessing, or receiving a firearm.

Provides that the petition shall also describe the type, and location of any firearm or firearms presently believed by the petitioner to be possessed or controlled by the respondent.

Provides that the petitioner may be a family member of the respondent or a law enforcement officer, who files a petition alleging that the respondent poses a danger of causing personal injury to himself, herself, or another by having in his or her custody or control, owning, purchasing, possessing, or receiving a firearm. Establishes factors that the court must consider before issuing a lethal violence order of protection. Provides for the issuance of ex parte orders and one year orders.

Provides that if the court issues the order the respondent must: (1) refrain from having in his or her custody or control, owning, purchasing, possessing, or receiving additional firearms for the duration of the order; and (2) turn over to the local law enforcement agency any firearm, Firearm Owner’s Identification Card, or concealed carry license in his or her possession.

All that needs to happen for any resident of Illinois to have his or her firearms to be confiscated is if a petition is filed with a court, saying the person is a danger to themselves.

Read more: http://thepoliticalinsider.com/state-leg.../#ixzz4bK7AquBv

Regards,
hm

right.. so under the current law that would also extend to X-wives..

Anyone ever heard of an angry X that would make a claim like this, to then take away your guns just to spite you????

Until some Illinois people grow some testicles and standup to these politicians they will continue to loose rights. Daily, Obama, and other current and past Illinois democrats have poisoned to many people to think for themselves. And where has is got them? Safer? Just look at the facts for yourself! Can't force a sheep to act like a wolf.

Originally Posted By: viperUntil some Illinois people grow some testicles and standup to these politicians they will continue to loose rights. Daily, Obama, and other current and past Illinois democrats have poisoned to many people to think for themselves. And where has is got them? Safer? Just look at the facts for yourself! Can't force a sheep to act like a wolf.

Lots of testicles south of Chicago but each set of testis only gets one vote;o
I guess it is like the Aizonans not getting their border controlled so these criminals don't end up in Illinois and in Chicago to out vote the testicles:eek:

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: varminter .223 Originally Posted By: viperUntil some Illinois people grow some testicles and standup to these politicians they will continue to loose rights. Daily, Obama, and other current and past Illinois democrats have poisoned to many people to think for themselves. And where has is got them? Safer? Just look at the facts for yourself! Can't force a sheep to act like a wolf.

Lots of testicles south of Chicago but each set of testis only gets one vote;o
I guess it is like the Aizonans not getting their border controlled so these criminals don't end up in Illinois and in Chicago to out vote the testicles:eek:

Both Arizona and Texas have stepped up to the plate to attempt to control their borders but the federal government, under Obama, did not meet its responsibility to secure the border. Border security is the (sole) responsibility of the feds, not individual states, and the border states that did try to get a handle on the border fiasco met with strong federal resistance.

There's a new sheriff in town and things are looking up along the border under President Trump, if the federal judges will just get off his back!

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: varminter .223 I'm just poking the bear a little lol but Chicago is about 90% of the problem as you probably already know.

lol.gif

As is Austin in Texas.
cursing.gif

Unfortunately, Bloomberg is the problem, as it seems he is pushing this BS nationwide. Democrats in TX are pushing Bloomerg's garbage currently referred to in my post on that subject.

Regards,
hm

As always I like to (without just shouting out my feelings) understand why a bill or any bill is ever proposed. In this case or any other case for that matter show me hard statistics that an FOID issued individuals, have had numerous issues where the cops or family should have, could have deterred someone from committing a crime with intent. I have to know how many instances there are to begin such a controversial bill as this in order to understand its sincerity. If these FOID law abiding gun owners they talk about exist I want true numbers of the such. Then take that into the other legal gun owners in the state and it spits out the percentage as to the necessity of such bill. If I hear " just one life is too much" that isn't good enough. Not on an immoral side but I can think of several other issues that most of these people side with that lead to numerous deaths, but that's another story. It just shows that tragedy or killings with guns are used as propaganda for laws. Sometimes they even make you cry fake tears, LOL.
In point, if you don't enforce the existing gun laws in our state no reason to start new ones for the law abiding citizen. But if I would hear a bill that "x" amount of money would go for mental health field out of the taxes that I already pay then I'm all ears! Problem is it's never like that, and most of the time it's a few instances that get the bills passed.
We have a real problem with our speaker Mike Madigan. This man has so much power and money that other politicians are scared of him. As long as he or his daughter is there we are in for bigger problems than this.

Back