Mission Bows

pyscodog

Visited a local pawn shop today and they had a Mission bow on the rack. It was really clean with Tru-glow fiber optic 3 pin sight and a whisker biscuit rest. I'm sure its an older model with a single cam but I got it for hundred bucks out the door. I usually hunt with my Excaliber but thought as good of shape it was in, it will make a good back up bow or if I just get froggy and want to hunt with a conventional bow. Still shoot my stick and string too. Guess I got the bases covered.

I found the model finally, its an X3. Reviews are excellent on it. I knew it was an older bow but the price was good. Previous owner must have took good care of it or it wasn't shot much. Looks new.

My friend and his step son have shot mission bow for quite a few years been good solid bows for them. I believe there made or owned by Mathews.
J

From what I can find, the Mission X3 will do pretty much everything a Switchback will do with out the bells and whistles of the Mathews. Switchback is about 8 FPS faster all things being equal. And yes, they are made by Mathews.

Mission bows are made by Mathews and they are all great bows. Last I knew.....Matt donates all of the profits from the Mission line to missionary work all around the world. Great guy, great company! Good find, well worth every penny you paid. Would make a good bowfishing rig also.

My thoughts, same as Bowhunt's - Mission bows are made by Mathews. Solid option if you don't want to drop $1k on a bow at the moment.

Back