Ghost Blind

I think it is a neat concept, but I don't see myself ever carrying it around and taking the time to set it up... I don't know about how it would work in open country, but I feel more concealed with a backdrop breaking up my siloette and form than having something in front of me. If you get it let us know it works out for you.

I use my truck all the time, Don't wash it too much. The seat is comfortable and the wind doesn't get in. I worry about the beeper when the key is switched on.
One time three coyotes came in and my elbow hit the horn trying to line up for a shot. Still got one.

Originally Posted By: tripod3I use my truck all the time, Don't wash it too much. The seat is comfortable and the wind doesn't get in. I worry about the beeper when the key is switched on.
One time three coyotes came in and my elbow hit the horn trying to line up for a shot. Still got one.

what does this have to do with a ghost blind?

I've done a bit of looking into them online and watched some vids on them. Almost pulled the trigger on one. But like Infidel762 stated in his post, I hate carrying more than I have to in the field. When I first got into predator hunting I thought I needed to take everything but the kitchen sink out there with me. Now I try to simplify it as much as possible and take only what I need. With that being said, I'm not hunting wide open plains or deserts. The areas I hunt there is no problem finding natural concealment.

I bought one. Used it for turkey. They are pretty bulky. And come to find out it has a lot of glare on a bright day. I was not aware of until a friend spotted me on a hillside sending S.O.S. signal every time the breeze blew. Don't bother. I buy burlap rolls for $8 dollars and roll it in the grass, leaves and sticks. Just drape between 2 bushes or trees and vola'! Ghost blind redneck style.

I always figured there would be a reflective glare on sunny days. Never made any sense to me, but whatever. I hunt steep rough country and hike miles across country, no way I'd pack any extra weight or bulk around. I realize my situation is different than many hunters.

Back