Girsan MC312 12 GA Shotgun (Update)

I bought the wood stock 28" barrel model. It was $359 credit card price, free shipping, cheaper if paid with cash. Model #312 Comes with a hard case ( only good for when the gun is broken down) and 5 choke tubes. I really like mine, handles 7/8 oz loads on up. Great gun for the money.

Originally Posted By: MatlockLooking at this shotgun myself... what is the model # of the one you are reviewing in this thread? I see Bud's has several, but nothing in the $300 price range. Either the prices went up, it was on sale, or it's one of the out of stock models.

the one like he got is out of stock at buds.

Originally Posted By: LUCKYDOGI took my daughters boyfriend out on his first goose hunt today. We got into them. He shot my Benelli with Blackcloud and I shot the Girsan with Winchester Super X BB's. It operated flawlessly. I could'nt expect any better. I also looked at the Blackcloud and the Winchester ammo side by side again. The rim of the brass is much thicker on the Blackcloud.(Like someone here said it might be) I'm going to finish goose season with the Winchester ammo and get the gun good and broke in. Then I'm going to switch to Black cloud on the last couple of hunts and see if it has the same problem. If it does, I'll send it back to Bud's and see what they say.

If a particular shotgun doesn't like a particular shell but runs fine with others, that is normal in my opinion. Sending it back to Bud's won't accomplish much. If they replace it the new shotgun might like Blackcloud but possibly won't cycle another brand of shotshell you use.

I currently own eleven semi's. For dove I've used Rio for years. I use Rio for dove and quail in all of my shotguns except for my Fabarm L4S. It just doesn't like them. It even cycles the dreaded Universal's just fine. So I run Gun Club's through the Fabarm. I have more examples but you get the point.

Girsan puts out good product. They also make a pretty decent 1911.

I'm pretty sure there is a Stoeger factory in Turkey. Girsan doesn't make them.

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnota stoeger is another one you might consider. inertia guns.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/prod...12GA+26+BLK+SYN

been very happy with mine.

Yep, definitely giving these a good look. I've already decided I don't want a gas gun. I guess the recoil reduction is better, but everything I've read thus far has led me to believe inertia-driven guns are much easier to maintain. I'm sure like anything, pluses and minuses with either option. Thanks for the feedback.

Originally Posted By: MatlockBe great to hear updated thoughts/reviews on the Girsan MC312...?

an update on you killing you first coyote is what we need. kill, kill, kill. lol

I couldn't agree with you more... I wish a hunting trip was in the cards this weekend. I also wish I could work 2 days a week and be off 5. Then I'd certainly have a heck of a lot more time to be out chasing coyotes and not sitting behind a computer. But it just ain't so.

Mine eats anything you feed it. From 7/8oz loads on up, no problems what so ever. Very good gun for the money and has a beautiful Turkish walnut stock.

A shotgun that won't shoot Black Cloud ammo wouldn't bother me at all. Federal Black Cloud ammo is just a gimmick and they charge you more for shot that is not round. Round steel pellets will penetrate deeper and fly straighter than the Flitestopper Saturn ring steel pellets will.

Originally Posted By: derbyacresbobA shotgun that won't shoot Black Cloud ammo wouldn't bother me at all. Federal Black Cloud ammo is just a gimmick and they charge you more for shot that is not round. Round steel pellets will penetrate deeper and fly straighter than the Flitestopper Saturn ring steel pellets will.

I agree. Black Cloud is under the Federal Premium line too so it's generally going to be more expensive. Federal Speed Shocks work fine with good round shot and tough wads that open up well, not to mention are significantly cheaper per box/case than the BCs. If you're shooting waterfowl over decoys within 30 yards, the cheapy chinamart Win Xperts work fine too of which usually have out of round pellets with some slag mixed in.

Originally Posted By: vahunterMine eats anything you feed it. From 7/8oz loads on up, no problems what so ever. Very good gun for the money and has a beautiful Turkish walnut stock.

How many rounds do you have on it? If you don't mind me asking...

Thanks.

Bought one two years ago for my coyote calling shotgun. First one I called in surprised me 15 yards. Missed him standing at 10 yards. Duh, go figure. He never even knew I was there. First shot stove piped and I was on him for the second shot and kept pulling the trigger and nothing was happening. Don't know the reason for the stove pipe. I have had gas guns all my life and didn't think much when I bought this inertia gun. Holy smokes, it kicks the stuffing out of me with my coyote loads. No big deal when I am hunting but wouldn't buy another inertia gun. Never had trouble with gas guns except in really cold weather. And then I just figured it was a lube problem.

Originally Posted By: Foxpro.223Originally Posted By: vahunterMine eats anything you feed it. From 7/8oz loads on up, no problems what so ever. Very good gun for the money and has a beautiful Turkish walnut stock.

How many rounds do you have on it? If you don't mind me asking...

Thanks.

I'm guessing 700-800 rounds through it.

Originally Posted By: ZBought one two years ago for my coyote calling shotgun. First one I called in surprised me 15 yards. Missed him standing at 10 yards. Duh, go figure. He never even knew I was there. First shot stove piped and I was on him for the second shot and kept pulling the trigger and nothing was happening. Don't know the reason for the stove pipe. I have had gas guns all my life and didn't think much when I bought this inertia gun. Holy smokes, it kicks the stuffing out of me with my coyote loads. No big deal when I am hunting but wouldn't buy another inertia gun. Never had trouble with gas guns except in really cold weather. And then I just figured it was a lube problem.

Recently I've read a bunch of reviews about the turkish made inertia autoloaders, Girsan, Stoeger and even the older Franchi I-12s and it seems like to general consensus is that there is a break in period and it's not uncommon to have some malfunctions when the guns are new. Considering that, there are a lot of positive reviews on these shotguns, some negative of course, but mostly positive.

I know of a shop that has a couple of the Girsans on the shelf. I was thinking about picking one up to see how it would hold up to the coming waterfowl season.

Originally Posted By: Foxpro.223Originally Posted By: ZBought one two years ago for my coyote calling shotgun. First one I called in surprised me 15 yards. Missed him standing at 10 yards. Duh, go figure. He never even knew I was there. First shot stove piped and I was on him for the second shot and kept pulling the trigger and nothing was happening. Don't know the reason for the stove pipe. I have had gas guns all my life and didn't think much when I bought this inertia gun. Holy smokes, it kicks the stuffing out of me with my coyote loads. No big deal when I am hunting but wouldn't buy another inertia gun. Never had trouble with gas guns except in really cold weather. And then I just figured it was a lube problem.

Recently I've read a bunch of reviews about the turkish made inertia autoloaders, Girsan, Stoeger and even the older Franchi I-12s and it seems like to general consensus is that there is a break in period and it's not uncommon to have some malfunctions when the guns are new. Considering that, there are a lot of positive reviews on these shotguns, some negative of course, but mostly positive.

I know of a shop that has a couple of the Girsans on the shelf. I was thinking about picking one up to see how it would hold up to the coming waterfowl season.

curious about the price of those girsans?

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: Foxpro.223Originally Posted By: ZBought one two years ago for my coyote calling shotgun. First one I called in surprised me 15 yards. Missed him standing at 10 yards. Duh, go figure. He never even knew I was there. First shot stove piped and I was on him for the second shot and kept pulling the trigger and nothing was happening. Don't know the reason for the stove pipe. I have had gas guns all my life and didn't think much when I bought this inertia gun. Holy smokes, it kicks the stuffing out of me with my coyote loads. No big deal when I am hunting but wouldn't buy another inertia gun. Never had trouble with gas guns except in really cold weather. And then I just figured it was a lube problem.

curious about the price of those girsans?

Buds Gun Shop has them listed as

Camo $424
Black synthetic $369
Turkey model $532
Sport 3 Gun $386
Tac version $501

Looks like the sport, tac and the turkey come with some cheesy red dot sight.

Gun Broker has a bunch listed for different prices also.

Back