What does the camp think about cavity backed bullets?

I think they are a really cool way to improve BC without taking up to much powder capacity. They seem to perform well on game too.

Originally Posted By: MPFDI think they are a really cool way to improve BC without taking up to much powder capacity. They seem to perform well on game too.

especially when you shoot them backwards!

Ive been using them on hogs and they are wicked.
105gr MKZ 6.8SPC AA2200 2700FPS
Killed a bunch of hogs little while back with them. Here is the bullet recovered from the first sow that weighed about 220#.
It was about 75 yards, broke her shoulder, went thru 4 ribs, thru the internals and 3 more ribs on other side and was lodged in the hide.

Killed a couple deer with them this year and they don't disappoint.

Last edited:
I see where they are working on a 92gr 6mm bullet and he is also listening to customers about making a 65-70gr 6mm hunting bullet to suit the 6x45, 6x6.8 guys.

I’ve had a box of the 92g 6mm for a few months now. I just loaded a few for the first time today. I loaded 3 each at 41, 42 and 43 grains of R-19. All at 2.71” coal.

I’ll head out tomorrow and shoot them.

I’m not expecting much realistically. The bullets are 1.22” long and I’m shooting a 10 twist. I figured I’d give them a shot anyways and hope they dont just tumble.

Carlos

Back