1-12 twist 22NOSLER question

BCD 45

I'm considering buying a 22" WOA 1-12 twist 22Nosler. What's your opinion? I want to shoot 40-55 grain bullets, I love velocity. You think the 1-12 in the 22N will do ok? Thanks,
Jim D

varminter.223, in stock now. My 1-8 will be here Wed. I just checked WOA and it says backordered but on the 1-12's they have 3-22" & 1-24" in stock right now. Hope this helps or hurts your wallet I mean. I'm building the 1-8 for someone else.
Jim D

Also I forgot to add, I'm a huge fan of the Sierra #1310 45 grain varmint spritzer bullet if you can push it fast. Designed for the Swift & 22-250 at high velocity it works awesome. You can read about it at Sierra, it's a hard bullet & super accurate. I think the 22N will get there in fps. If you want to shoot large predators or hogs & deer size game with a 22 caliber bullet, this is it. Again, only if you can get that high velocity.
Jim D

That twist would be a good one for those. The velocities should be up there in the 3800 range without any problem. I'll shoot a 24" 22X6.8 today with 50's so I can give you a SWAG on that one.

Greg

Great, look forward to it. Have you ever fooled with the 6mm-223, 6x45. I've been toying with the idea of building one specifically for the 60-80 gr. varmint bullet. Any opinions or comments? Thanks,
JD

Originally Posted By: Texas Swifty Great, look forward to it. Have you ever fooled with the 6mm-223, 6x45. I've been toying with the idea of building one specifically for the 60-80 gr. varmint bullet. Any opinions or comments? Thanks,
JD
The 6x45 will be superb with just about any bullet. My go to is a 65g VM and 55g NBT or Varmageddon for p-dogs to coyote. I built 5 of them with 20" - 24" bbls, all BHW 1/9" tw. I have pages full of data with the 55-95g bullets & different powders.

Back