6.5 Grendel scope magnification and recommendations

Falconer Dave

Hey, guys. Just finished my 6.5 Grendel build. It will be a long range rig for target shooting as well as coyotes when the opportunity arises. I have a Burris Veracity 4-20x50 currently on a 243 win. rifle I have and like it a lot. The scope is FFP and very nice glass. I was thinking of putting the same glass on the Grendel...but not sure. The Burris has the E1 varmint reticle on it already so it's nice for small targets at distance.

Any suggestions for magnification, clarity, etc.?

I'd like to keep the price $800 or less on the optic.

Thanks,

Dave

I purchased a Sig Sauer Tango4 6-24×50, Illuminated MRAD Milling scope for My RPR 6.5 Creedmore
Like you i looked around a while, and was at my local G shop and they said check these scopes out...
Did some research and i can say i am very satisfied...with this scope.
Send the top turret back & they will laser mark you cap with your ammo trag for free...
The lighted reticle turns off & on automatic when moved
I purchased it at "The optic Zone"...around xmas they were running a special that i missed so i called and the owner i forget her name picked up and i mentioned about missing the sale..
She said not a problem, she knocked off 15% , no tax and waived the shipping..nice of her to work with me..
Hope this helps

Last edited:
I think you should consider how you are going to shoot this rig. Then make some decisions. The round will shoot really well to 750 or so an is capable of 1000 we know. But, how will you be shooting it. That will tell you how much power etc. that you need and perhaps which rec. you want.

No need to spend more than you need to on the scope, but you do need good glass..... I would be lookin at Leupold but that an old guy talking......

Last edited:
As soon as my barrel comes in I'm going to put a VXIII 4.5x14x50 on it. It's sitting there waiting,so am I. For deer and coyotes I think this will cover most anything I can see to shoot. Just got the scope back from Luepold for a checkup too. That Burris should do anything you need to do. I like that power range also

Back