Wisconsin Supreme Court Reaffirms Right to Carry Firearm on Buses

hm1996

Staff member
Quote:Wisconsin Supreme Court Reaffirms Right to Carry Firearm on Buses

News Commentary

By Paul M | Commentator | March 8, 2017 10:04AM

For years, liberals across the country have been doing everything within their power to restrict the rights of private citizens to own and carry guns for protection. The left has made a conscious effort to try and shame supporters of the Second Amendment for daring to exercise their constitutional rights, and numerous liberal legislators have tried to make it very difficult to own a gun in America.

Now, the Wisconsin Supreme Court just ruled that individuals in Madison have the right to carry a firearm for protection on city buses. Specifically, the court ruled that local officials cannot pass gun laws that are stricter than state law.

From NRA-ILA:

Today, in a 5-2 ruling, Wisconsin’s Supreme Court found that the Madison County Transit’s current carry prohibition on their buses is illegal. The ruling affirms the right of law-abiding passengers to carry a firearm for self-defense on Madison County buses, like they are currently allowed to do on buses run by other local transit agencies.

Since 2005, passengers have been forced to disarm when traveling on Madison buses even though state law preempts such a prohibition by local municipalities. Wisconsin Attorney General Brad Schimel filed an amicus brief stating that the Madison ban “conflicts with, defeats the purpose of, and goes against the spirit of state law.”

Despite attempts by the city of Madison to argue that the Wisconsin preemption law doesn’t cover “agency rules,” the city will now need to put an end to its enforcement of the illegal prohibition.

Individuals who choose to use public transportation or are unable to travel in private conveyance should not be prevented from carrying a firearm for self-defense. This illegal prohibition unnecessarily disarmed law-abiding individuals and is thankfully being stopped.

The two liberals on the court who dissented argued that “the majority opinion expanded the law’s intent to fit its purpose. She argued Metro Transit’s policy does not amount to an ordinance or resolution.”

While the left may try to infringe on Second Amendment rights, it’s good to know that the Wisconsin Supreme Court stepped in and saw that the liberal city of Madison had overstepped its authority in trying to restrict when and where someone can carry a gun for protection.

Read more: http://thepoliticalinsider.com/wisconsin.../#ixzz4aqkqhKsz

Regards,
hm

In Evansville, IN they built a new Indoor Stadium. Now they put metal detectors at the doors and have said that they are banning firearms inside the Stadium. The only way that I would go to this Stadium in our downtown would be if I could be carrying my concealed pistol for self protection. When I'm out and about I always carry a firearm for personal protection. I conceal it but I really don't have to by law here in IN. I conceal as it gives me the tactical advantage and people who would other wise see me carrying a gun OWB might try to disarm and over take me. But if they don't know that I have a gun they won't be thinking that they have to disarm me. So it does give me a tactical advantage.

I'm glad that the Wisconsin State Supreme Court ruled in favor of those who carry a firearm for personal protection. We are not the terrorists. We are ordinary citizen who voted to give power to our current leaders and we can vote them back out again too. They work for us not the other way around and they better never forget that.

Back when the founding fathers setup this great country they made sure that the citizens have the same kinds of arms that the Federal and State Governments had in their possession. Things have changed since that time but for some reason the US Constitution's Bill of Rights 2nd amendment has not changed one [beeep] bit. The wording is still the same as it was when it was first written. But some judges have decided to now follow the founding father's intent and have decided to use their Judicial Activism to change the meaning of the words in the 2nd amendment. They have reinterpreted the 2nd amendment and allows laws that restrict what type of arms the regular citizens can have in their possession. That is what lead to this slippery downhill sliding of the meaning and intent of the US Constitution's Bill of Rights Second Amendment. I'm not proposing that we all possess F22 Raptors or M1 Tanks or USN Navy Air Craft Carriers or any of the hundreds of other arms that are armed forces have now. But the founding father did!!!! Back in the days when they wrote the 2nd amendment they allowed everyone to have the most modern weapons of the day. We used the French Navy to help us succeed from the British King. We used the weapons of the day to battle for our freedom and they founding fathers didn't want to set up another federal type government who would control the citizens like the British Kings did. And they gave us the Bill of Rights to make sure that it never happened again and the 2nd amendment was the back bone of the entire Bill of Rights. Because they mean nothing if you can fight for them. And today you can't fight against the weapons that the US Federal Army, Navy, Marines and Air force has. So we are once again at the mercy of the US Politicians who control the US Armed Forces. We have gone back to the days before the revolution in many ways. We have lost the control that we fought so hard to win and tried to preserve. So we have to now do as the politicians tell us to do. The bills of rights are not fought in the Court rooms instead of on the battle fields of yesteryears.

Back