prairie dog calling

COYKILL

Can prairie dogs be called out or do you wait for them to pop out? If they can be called out what sounds do you use and how far from them do you put the call?

haha, ironically they do have a sound for that. I have used it and it's funny to watch. The sound was on the FoxPro library (all clear Prairie Dog sound)

I had good luck with popping a few or most of the ones that are out running, leave a few alone, and then stop when you get to a few left (before they all run down the holes) I would fire off the all clear and by the time i reloaded the mag, i could fire off another mag, and then do the same thing.

P-dog all clear, p-dog chirps on my FP work good.
There is a p-dog stick call that works also by blowing in/out.
A hand held mouse squeaker works as well. I keep 2 of them in my breast pockets and tap on them to "talk" those varmints to pop up higher when they are down or low.

I do find that after a time or two they kinda wise up. It seams to help if your in camo and not standing up like a hunter.

I had the same problem, Slick, 'til I anchored the decoy to a fencepost. Was pretty entertaining seeing them hit the end of the chain hugging that decoy. They seem to like bright red lipstick more than a subtle pink on the decoy as well.

Originally Posted By: obaroI had the same problem, Slick, 'til I anchored the decoy to a fencepost. Was pretty entertaining seeing them hit the end of the chain hugging that decoy. They seem to like bright red lipstick more than a subtle pink on the decoy as well. that's funny

Originally Posted By: obaroI had the same problem, Slick, 'til I anchored the decoy to a fencepost. Was pretty entertaining seeing them hit the end of the chain hugging that decoy. They seem to like bright red lipstick more than a subtle pink on the decoy as well.

Everyone knows that the Subtle Pink only works on the non-native liberal Colorado prairie dogs! Geez!!

Back