115 Sierra MK in a 6.8 spc

igor

What will it do to a coyote with good shot placement? I've used a bunch of 70gr. MKs in .243 with fabulous results. The .243 nearly blows them in half. I'm worried the 6.8 only moving at 2700 fps may not have the explosive fragmentation cause its moving approx. 800 fps slower.

I shot the 107s out of a 6x284 and they were just starting to open when they would exit a chest shot at 3200fps. I did shoot a full frontal at 220 yards and it had a softball size exit dead center of his @$$. Blowing all his inside out each side just behind the last rib

Run the 110SGK, AMAZING accurate out of the 6.8spc, inexpensive and KILLS like lightning. That includes coyote, hogs and 200lbs mature Kentucky whitetail.

I simply cannot stress enough how well my 16" Bison performs at killing stuff out to 300 yards. It's actually my goto rig for most calling situations. 110SGK over H322 is magical!

I'd be afraid it might pin hole through at those slower velocities. I always used 70 grain matchking's too in my .243 at 3500 fps they come apart like a varmint bullet. I had a tech at sierra tell me once that their jackets are really thin like a blitzking but with out the plastic tip they won't always open up like varmint bullet. 52 grain Matchking's are really good in a 22-250 too.

Back