6.8spc shooters

I use reloader 7 with 90gr. speer tnt..you can get a 650 pack of tnts... they shoot extremely well .75 at the worst..with the right load. it's crazy how much difference .5grain of powder makes

I use Accurate 2200 with 90 gr TNT's and 95 gr Barnes TTSX. 2200 and Re 7 are pretty close i think (haven't loaded up too many with Re7).
This should help you out quite a bit.

Reloder 7 and 10x. I load 90 gr. Sierra and Speer HPs, 95 gr Barnes TTSX, and 110 gr Hornady V-Max loads, and which powder I end up with in these loads depends on the bullet and the barrel details. I load for a Wilson 1:10 SPC II chamber, and a ARP 1:11.25 5R DMR chamber, barrels. In the ARP barrel lighter bullets, get impressive velocity and accuracy with RL-7. In the Wilson barrel, RL-10x seems to be it's favorite across the board. I haven't experimented with many other powders, since these seem to get excellent accuracy at velocities near the upper end of safe.

Squeeze

I can't find any of the Accurate 2200 in my neck of the woods. I used H322 with 110 grain Vmax and Accubond. I get just over 2600 fps from a 16" WOA barrel.

I run H322 through mine. It shoots the 110SGK AWESOME and the 115 Accubonds very well. It shoots the Sierra's so good I didn't bother with any other combination.

Originally Posted By: MPFDI can't find any of the Accurate 2200 in my neck of the woods. I used H322 with 110 grain Vmax and Accubond. I get just over 2600 fps from a 16" WOA barrel.

You must not be anywhere near Winfield. Powder Valley is the only place that I've seen 2200 in state. If you're out west, there's a shop in Goodland (near the sunflower) that had a very large powder selection a year or two ago.

I'm about 2 hours away. I know I can get cheap powder there but unless I'm going that way for something else, I don't really make it down there.

I use H4198 in my AR and get 2800 fps out of a 16" WOA barrel with 90 gr Sierras
I use IMR 4198 in my bolt rifle shooting 110 v max, haven't shot it over the crony.

I have found that my 6.8 AR is partial to H4198 with 90 grain bullets. I shoot both 90gr gold dot pulls and Speer 90gr TNT's. AA2200 is better for me with 110's and up. I have also found that H4198 is very,very temp stable. Almost identical(

I've tried most of the powders above looking for best accuracy vs velocity in a 12" barrel. With the 95g TTSX I'm pretty happy with 30.5g of AA2200 at 2688 fps. I'm guessing it would be even better in a longer barrel

Last edited:
Working on loads yesterday, I was happy with speed but I'm approaching max but still no pressure signs. I'm really liking the ARP barrel
110 accubond
32.5gr of H335
Rem 7.5 primer
S&B brass
2.295"
20" ARP

Originally Posted By: reb8600I am using 30.5 grains of Benchmark with a Sierra 90 HP in a BHW 16" barrel.

Is your load compressed? I was going to use Benchmark but realized I'd run out of case before I got to SPCII pressures. My buddy shoots it in his 18" BHW and loves it.

I use Benchmark in my 6mm WOA(wildcat with 6.8 SPC parent case), but for my 6.8's I use Reloder 10x, for the 90 gr. HPs(Sierra and Speer), and Reloder 7 for the 95 gr. Barnes TTSX loads. IIRC MV for both is above 2700 fps, out of my 18" ARP barrel(1:11.25 5R DMR chamber). No signs of pressure, and I am getting great brass life. I don't think I have tossed a piece of brass yet, for a loose primer pocket.

Squeeze

Originally Posted By: yotehunter243Originally Posted By: reb8600I am using 30.5 grains of Benchmark with a Sierra 90 HP in a BHW 16" barrel.

Is your load compressed? I was going to use Benchmark but realized I'd run out of case before I got to SPCII pressures. My buddy shoots it in his 18" BHW and loves it.

It has been a while since I loaded any. I want to say that is was slightly compressed. It shoots less than 1" groups with it. I only have a 1-4 power scope on it. I am sure I could get tighter groups with a little higher power scope. The 1" dots are small on 4 power.

Back