Tikka T3x 22-250 8 twist special run

Not sure? There is a couple threads in the firearm forum over on the campfire. I believe for the preorder Whitaker's is offering a free magazine and gun case.

Darn, a "Lite". Would put my money down if it just had a longer/heavier barrel.
thumbdown.gif

Last edited:
My drawback to the Tikka is all of the plastic that they use. That being said though, they usually shoot fantastic right out of the box. I agree about wishing it had a little more meat on the barrel contour, so you could hang a can out there. Shooting without a suppressor is just rude.
smile.gif

I'm on the fence too! I actually think this is a fair deal that is not great but not bad of a deal. Still it is 630 bux. I recently picked up a LH Tikka in 223R and I got it for much less than 630 they asking for it. I want a 22-250 to play with and have an M700 action to build as well as a M700 VS in 22-250 that I could turn into a walking rifle.

Not sure what I am going to do though but I got time. Also this Tikka is a 1/8 twist and I normally do not shoot heavy bullets...I like speed :) I have read that some 8 twists can shoot 50gr bullets but some say the 8twist is for heavies. That is what I am on the fence about.

I prefer the lighter bullets too for their speed and flat trajectory. Usually 50 gr, so no need for heavies.
Shooting some different bullet weights in my Sako and Tikka rifles .223 cal. These are 1/8 twist that have shot some great groups with 50 gr. bullets.
This makes me believe the 1/8 twist is not as picky vs my 1/7 or 1/9 rifles were.
So I appear to be on the fence about the 1/8 Tikka. Does it offer anything over my Superlight 1/14 which actually cost $50 more but has been a pure delight to use and has flattened a bunch of coyotes right out of the box.

The California hunters should be looking at these 22-250 1-8" twist rifles, since the whole state will be Lead Free for hunting in two years.

The 1-8" twist 22-250 should handle most of the longer Lead Free bullets, like the 55 gr and 62 gr.

A 22-250 that can shoot the Barnes TTSX 62 gr bullets would be a good rifle to have.

Originally Posted By: logstoveNot sure what I am going to do though but I got time. Also this Tikka is a 1/8 twist and I normally do not shoot heavy bullets...I like speed :) I have read that some 8 twists can shoot 50gr bullets but some say the 8twist is for heavies. That is what I am on the fence about.

Well, I'm not on the fence anymore!
Instead of preordering the 1:8 twist, I bought the the T3X stainless 22-250 1:14 twist that Whittakers have for $569.99. I don't see myself shooting anything heavier than 55gr, so I went with the 1:14.

Originally Posted By: derbyacresbobThe California hunters should be looking at these 22-250 1-8" twist rifles, since the whole state will be Lead Free for hunting in two years.

The 1-8" twist 22-250 should handle most of the longer Lead Free bullets, like the 55 gr and 62 gr.

A 22-250 that can shoot the Barnes TTSX 62 gr bullets would be a good rifle to have.

I agree! 22-250 + 62 gr TTSX = Bad Mamajama!

Originally Posted By: Redleg84What the [beeep], I went ahead and joined the pre order.
No will power, I'm still thinking about it.

Originally Posted By: Huckleberry75My drawback to the Tikka is all of the plastic that they use. That being said though, they usually shoot fantastic right out of the box.

I think Tikka is hearing the complaints on the T3's. On the T3x, they have a metal bolt shroud, replacing the plastic shroud. Also they fixed the recoil lug complaint. When I looked over the new T3x features, the first thing I thought was, "Hey someone is listening to the customers". Yes they are charging more for the upgrades, but at least one can buy them now. I had to order metal bolt shrouds from Australia to fix that issue on my T3, and my M-695. If I was looking for a 22-250 at the moment, I would be getting in line for this one.

Squeeze

Back