Pulsar HD vs XD monocular line.. is it just me?

JCCinOhio

Seems like they added a bunch of stuff you don't really need and are charging $1000 more.. resolution = same, detection distance = same, sure you can zoom in a bit more, but IMO that doesn't help much.. what gives?

I have the xd38A. What features are thinking you don't like or need? There's probably more color palletes than needed but I do find the amber and purple-ish color to be pleasing for eye fatigue. The stadiametric rangefinder actually works quite well. So far I really dig this unit for scanning.

Not much of a difference between the two. I can tell you that the new Quantum Lite's all have a 17um core versus a 25um core. The 17um cores are superior in clarity.

Definitely the 17um core is better.. but between the 25um cores, for me anyway, the color pallets and range finder weren't a big plus. I do like the screen off function though..

Hoping I can save up enough for one of the Trail's when they hit the street.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: case-nhWhat models are those? Are they the new ones not out yet?

The Quantum XQ23V and XQ30V. Won't be available until May 2017.

Will Pulsar have a 640, 17 micron core without the on-board recording for less cost? Maybe the old Armasight Zeus line fits that wish better?

I saw on another forum where the new XQ38 (old XD38A but with 17um core) will be $2499.

Originally Posted By: DarknightWill Pulsar have a 640, 17 micron core without the on-board recording for less cost? Maybe the old Armasight Zeus line fits that wish better?

Back