Rock river lar8

nastynatesfish

So went out yesterday and did some shooting. Picked up a box of fiochi 168gr smk ammo to sight my rifle and do a little break in with before I started working on my loads. (This Ammo shot about 1.5" at 200 meters). Loaded up the 10 rounds in the
Mag. Started shooting, chamber one,pull mag, shoot. Go check target. Repeat. Granted I drove out to the target it still was about 5 mins in between shots. I marked the impact numbers down in a notepad

The two to the right were the first two shots on the cold clean bore. The bottom 3 were 41.8, 42, 42.2gr arcomp seated 2.810.
Gonna load up some of each and go shoot for some groups and see if I need to back them down a bit to 2.8"

These were 4 shots and the charges in working in

Last edited:
Great groups. Love my LAR8, although [beeep] heavy to cary around in the deer woods all week!

I have mostly shot 155gr Berger VLD hunting. Groups well and knocks the snot out of a deer

I loaded some more. 3 shot groups on the low end this time from 40.5-41.7 .03gr apart and used other smk and nosler custom comps. Both at 2.80. If I can't get some to shoot better I'm gonna do the same test using varget and h4895 with the noslers. Should have got some 175s to try out. Maybe I'll
Order some next week

Back