Honnnnkkkkk!

Kiiyote30

Well after 6-7 trys last fall, I kinda gotter figured. Went out this morning for the first day of the 7 Day Spring Goose Honnk, oops Hunt I mean Hunt...

Was a dirty old February day with all the snow melted and winter just starting to come back and strangle that little gopher back in his hole. With a mild west wind I woke up right early to get out there with my brand new Basspro decoys I bought off the lumber pile at Home Hardware.

With a $12 tape job on the shotgun there I sat ontop of a ol log pile sticking out like a sore thumb, doing my best rotting log impersonation.

Hooonnnkkk.....
honnnn--
honnnnkk.........honkkkkk....

And sure as salt a ol lone geese came in looking for some friends.

Boom-boom-boom

...Miss! X3

Sat there, hacked a dart right quick, picked up the call still expelling smoke threw the call like an old truck.

Honnnnnkkkk....
Honnnnnn........
Honnnnnnnk......Honkkkkkk..

Squirrel!

Honnnnkk....

Then next thing you know I got the trigger squeezed on a goose flock that came right out of the woodwork! Finally connecting! One came down to the ground and I hopped up to try and get the rest, no such luck.
I Grabbed the dead goose and set him up where I wanted him in the spread 2 minutes later its head popped back up, musta got winged and knocked out.

Satisfied with the one goose I needed for dinner this night, I started to pack up the decoys,

Honnnnkkk....

Thats when I looked up to the sound of 100 geese over head. with the shotgun about 80 yards away -RUNNING- By the time i got there it was to no avail.

Oh well. Still got my first goose though!

Now I just have to figured out which of these 6 shotgun shells sealed the deal, to add to the collection....

Honnnnnnkkkkk!!

Back