late season quad, 2nd quad of the season

songdog

Got to this spot before day light as I have to get in position under the cover of darkness to keep from being seen. About the time I thought I had enough light to see em, I let out a few howls on the Revolution and immediately got a vocal response from a group about 1/2 mile out. I decided to wait for more shooting light and started glassing for them and after a few minutes got them spotted, and they were already closing the distance, slowly but surely. They got to about 250 yards out and one of them decided to howl some more. When it got done, I threw out one more howl and here they come. All four charging in side by side. I got on the first one but he wasn't going to stop for my mouth barks, but one of the others did, so I got #1 dumped at about 40 yards. The other three headed out, so I hit preset #1 and they all stopped, so I then hit preset #2 and here they all come running back. I decided to dump #2 as it was coming at about 50 yards, since it was coming straight at me was basically a like a standing shot, and #3 witnessed #2 dieing, so it stopped and died not far from it. The fourth coyote had seen enough and took off running, but the fight was still playing on the Revolution so he only went about 120 yards before stopping for another look, and died.
This was my second quad of the year, but when I killed the other quad, they all came one at a time. A little more hectic when they all come at once, and most certainly gets the blood flowing.

HOMnomination_zpskztnelgn.gif

Four on a stand this time of year is rare air. Four coming at once, and getting them all, by yourself, if rare air.

You knocked it out of the park TR!

- DAA

I was surprised that this was two female and two male. Unfortunately, two had mange, one male was just flat out scraggly worthless and one female MIGHT bring me a $10 bill tomorrow, which is the last time the fur buyer is coming through the area.
I was shooting my 17/204.

Back