Beagle pups?

nateg

Hello all. This is probably the wrong thread for this but does anyone know of any beagle breeders in Wisconsin? I have searched and cannot find any that have puppies for sale. We do have a 3 year old beagle now and she does run bunnies but she has a bad hip due to a injury as a puppy and is only good for a morning hunt then is down for a few days. She has become more of a pet than my hunting hound which is fine but I would like to have another that can go all weekend. Any info on breeders or if anyone knows of any puppies is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

There are several beagle owner/rabbit hunter forums out there. Do a search for them and I'm sure you can find some very specific sites that will have good information for you.

I would locate a local beagle club and start talking to folks there. Most beaglers are more than willing to let you watch their dogs and you can get a feel for which people have the style of dog you like. If one person consistently has dogs you like talk to them about getting a pup.

You may also find a dog that someone is selling because they don't fit their pack really well...too slow...too fast...too much mouth...not enough mouth. Beaglers tend to get fussy as time goes on and a lot of dogs at 1.5-2 yrs are rehomed because they don't like how they fit in the pack. Watch the dog run by itself and if you like it you saved a ton of money and training time.

You should get 2 beagles. I only have one. While she is a wonderful hunter, its really slow with only 1 dog. Hunting over 2 or 3 of them is way more fun.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: TripleDeuce660You should get 2 beagles. I only have one. While she is a wonderful hunter, its really slow with only 1 dog. Hunting over 2 or 3 of them is way more fun.

Much better music too

Back