Lion Calling Videos - Finally starting to edit a little

They're much more nocturnal than deer/elk. So, when you set up during the day you're either within earshot or you're not. I've found that they'll respond to the calls any time all day long. (There are some places in AZ and elsewhere where you can call at night, WAY more effective.) Anytime during the day is as good as any other.

Thanks Kev, Hope some guys get out after them... winter is breaking here, this is always a great time for Lions! (Closed season where I moved, I have to go back to the Olympic Peninsula to hunt if I have a chance. Otherwise I have to wait til Fall.)

Originally Posted By: rainshadow1Thanks Kev, Hope some guys get out after them... winter is breaking here, this is always a great time for Lions! (Closed season where I moved, I have to go back to the Olympic Peninsula to hunt if I have a chance. Otherwise I have to wait til Fall.)

I think 204 is still open, i may give it a shot in a couple weeks. I have an area worth trying if youre on the east side and want to do a set or two.

Originally Posted By: Yotes2CallSteve

You see this yet ?

https://vimeo.com/201490313

Yeah, that's the best trailcam capture of that more mature whistle that I've ever seen. My hand calls do that exact sound, little bit of rasp and everything. Great catch on that one!

Originally Posted By: SlagiattOriginally Posted By: rainshadow1Thanks Kev, Hope some guys get out after them... winter is breaking here, this is always a great time for Lions! (Closed season where I moved, I have to go back to the Olympic Peninsula to hunt if I have a chance. Otherwise I have to wait til Fall.)

I think 204 is still open, i may give it a shot in a couple weeks. I have an area worth trying if youre on the east side and want to do a set or two.

204 is open? HhhMmmmmmm..... might be worth a visit to my NE property to swing by and do a few stands! Closes end of the month...

Originally Posted By: rainshadow1Originally Posted By: SlagiattOriginally Posted By: rainshadow1Thanks Kev, Hope some guys get out after them... winter is breaking here, this is always a great time for Lions! (Closed season where I moved, I have to go back to the Olympic Peninsula to hunt if I have a chance. Otherwise I have to wait til Fall.)

204 is open? HhhMmmmmmm..... might be worth a visit to my NE property to swing by and do a few stands! Closes end of the month...

Holler at me if you do head over, still interested in having pistol grips made with one of my moose paddles if possible.

Nevermind about the area in 204 i wanted to call. Wont be getting there any time soon. [url='http://i.imgur.com/Ac0HTLt' t=_self]
Ac0HTLt.jpg'
[/url]

Last edited:
Back