Best light?

Originally Posted By: OGSixNeed some guys that have recently used some of these lights to help me out.

I can answer this as well as anyone. My team runs coyote lights exclusively, but there have been some wickeds in the truck as of late.

The 403IC, which is the best model as far as I can tell, is a good light. It is not a coyote light, and it never will be. It's about 70% as bright (fully charged for both) as a CL, and if the human eye can quantify beam quality I'd rate is about 80% as good as the CL.

If I hunted with white lights, I might use a wicked. But, the dampening effects of red necessitate the extra power- at least for me.

I also like just mounting the CL with a scope ring, but I'm sure you can do it with a wicked as well. Looks that way to me.

If you hunt for fun, or aren't serious about it, then by all means get a Wicked.

If you hunt contests or have the extra cash, then get a CL. That way, you're not at a disadvantage from the start.

In all fairness, I recently purchased a Coyote Reaper, and I'll compare it as well. I hope I'm wrong, but it will probably end up in the classifieds after it's first showdown with the CL.

Happy hunting.

I've only used the reaper and the nightsnipe ns550 extreme. The night snipe is much brighter and the reaper stays in the truck. I can Id 50 yards farther with it. I would say 250 yards with no moisture in the air.

Originally Posted By: CZ527Originally Posted By: OGSixNeed some guys that have recently used some of these lights to help me out.

I can answer this as well as anyone. My team runs coyote lights exclusively, but there have been some wickeds in the truck as of late.

The 403IC, which is the best model as far as I can tell, is a good light. It is not a coyote light, and it never will be. It's about 70% as bright (fully charged for both) as a CL, and if the human eye can quantify beam quality I'd rate is about 80% as good as the CL.

Happy hunting.

CZ527 from what I've read and seen posted else where your probably not far of.

The human eye can't quantify in actual numbers but there is a way to do it. It's pretty simple. I did this post a few years ago.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...726#Post2293726

I'm trying to get some of these lights together and do this again.

The numbers I've been given puts the CL at only 10% better than the wicked but I can't verify that. Boondock out doors has (or had) a list and at that time the Wicked was brighter than the CL.

I have a Sniperhog 50LXR and based on my numbers the CL is 30% brighter.

I have always used joe's night eyes lights. Never saw any reason to try any otmf the big name lights to them. I recently got my hands on a fire eye and that sucker is bright! I like it a lot for hunting with a partner.

Originally Posted By: pmack
Originally Posted By: CZ527Originally Posted By: OGSixNeed some guys that have recently used some of these lights to help me out.

Happy hunting.

CZ527 from what I've read and seen posted else where your probably not far of.

The human eye can't quantify in actual numbers but there is a way to do it. It's pretty simple. I did this post a few years ago.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...726#Post2293726

I'm trying to get some of these lights together and do this again.

The numbers I've been given puts the CL at only 10% better than the wicked but I can't verify that. Boondock out doors has (or had) a list and at that time the Wicked was brighter than the CL.

I have a Sniperhog 50LXR and based on my numbers the CL is 30% brighter.

Good news is I am not affiliated with anyone, and wouldn't lie to ya.

I appreciate the input! It is a nightmare trying to figure out which light setup will give me the most bang for my buck.

Originally Posted By: pmackOriginally Posted By: OGSixNeed some guys that have recently used some of these lights to help me out.

I've never used any of these lights. I do know a little about how they work. You can only drive an LED so hard before you generate too much heat for the light to dissipate. There's nothing magic about any of these lights to worry which one is better. They'll all illuminate your target so you can make the shot. If your losing sleep over which one to buy you'd be better off just grabbing one you like and lose sleep because you're out hunting.

Or you can listen to TXMAC who has 7 posts.

6 posts ago he says he's buying a Predator Tactics light. Some time after I assume he becomes a Predator Tactics Prostaffer.

Originally Posted By: TXMACI am about to order the Coyote Reaper by Predator Tactics. Beam can focus for longer shots and flood for less intensity. Easily interchangeable LED modules can get you from red to green or white in a matter of minutes. Kit comes with everything I need to mount the light and get going with it. I am upgrading from the Chinese knock-off that I have...tired of short battery life and inconsistency!

FYI..Battery life has nothing to do with the light it has to do with cheap batteries.

His next 5 post he plugs these lights.

Originally Posted By: TXMACI have heard good things about Wicked lights but I personally use the Coyote Reaper from Predator Tactics. You can buy a kit that comes with a Green LED and Red LED, they are easily interchangeable and it is a solid light. Zoomable light and you can customize your kit to whatever mounts you want to use. Check out their website www.predatortactics.us

Originally Posted By: TXMACWhile you are at it, check out the Buck Lantern from Predator Tactics. It has a single button to cycle through bright white, dim white and either red or green (your preference on order). Zoomable from flood to spot as well. Solid light that uses the rechargeable 18650's. Charges in the light so you don't have to worry about taking the batteries in and out ever. I am with these guys that have already posted... rechargables are the way to go no matter what light you go with. Much better performance in any platform.

Originally Posted By: TXMACCheck out the Buck Lantern from Predator Tactics. Zoomable light, three modes: low white, high white and Green/Red(however you choose to order). Good battery life for a long night of scanning and great company to stand behind the product if there are any issues. 1 year unconditional warranty... I recently saw a story where a guys dog chewed his light up and they replaced it free of charge.

Originally Posted By: TXMACLook into the Coyote Reaper by Predator Tactics. You can order a IR bulb that is interchangeable with the colored LED's. Same housing and easy switch. Plenty of accessories to mount any way you need to get it done. Green, Red, Amber, or white on the available colors. Zoomable light so you can flood it out for tight spots of tighten it up to reach out there if you have a more open spot to call. Great company that stands behind the products for sure. Check out the "Reaper Torture Test" on YouTube and I think that you will be impressed with the durability of the light!

Originally Posted By: TXMACI can't say anything bad about a Wicked or a Coyote light, have not even witnessed Coyote light in action but I will throw out another light to open up your options... Check out Predator Tactics lights. They have a Coyote Reaper in Amber that I use and love it. Not on the website but you can call them and get it or go through a local dealer to order one if wanted. Also have a light called the Nightmare that has 4 LED colors in one light. Very versatile light that can be scope mounted or scan with a handle they have available as well. I have used all of them and they are nice lights. Great company that stands behind their product, no questions asked. Check out the Reaper Torture test on YouTube(). I think you will be impressed with the durability, I sure was!

The vast majority of these lights are made in China. In fact at least 2 of the lights we regularly see here from PM sponsors come from the same supplier in China. There are cheap chinses knock offs but it's in the components and components can always be upgraded.

I bought a Sniper Hawg 50mm light to comapre it to one of the 50mm lights I bought out of China. It was 15% brighter than my stock 50mm light. I throw a new driver and LED and my light is now 25% brighter than the Sniper Hawg.....now you got to ask yourself who's using the cheap Chinese knock off???

Lol.....TXMAC, no worries! Regards, Drop

Last edited:
I'll not deny that I am a prostaffer for PT([beeep], its in my signature!) but that doesn't change the fact that I believe in the lights. While I am new to the forum I am not new to predator hunting, I have been hunting predators for 20+ years. I have hunted with and around many different lights. Never been around the coyote light which I hear is a good light. I merely threw PT lights in the hat for different price options. Hunt with what you prefer and can afford.

The Chinese light I had was not as good of quality as what I have witnessed in other name brand lights even though sitting on the table without a label showing you could not have told the difference. I am going to go out on a limb and guess that there is probably different Chinese factory's putting out many different quality lights.

I'll apologize if my plugging something I believe in offends you but that is not going to stop me from promoting something that I feel is a quality product here or elsewhere. If you notice I never have and never will run down another company or product. I'll try to spend a little more time here and make some other posts if that will make you feel better
wink.gif

Back