Did some trading

nastynatesfish

Took my smith and Wesson 629-6 44mag talo deluxe down and ended up trading it for a rock river arms LAR8. It's 20" bull barrel 308. 1-8 tw. New rifle. Wondering about the 1-8 twist? Anyone have one they shoot? I like 175s, I think it should do ok with them

Need to pick up a couple extra mags too. It uses fal mags

It feels really nice. I like the 2 stage trigger in it. I wish it was threaded for my suppressor but that's an easy fix. I kinda wish it was the upper with the a2 site on it thoug. I found some fal mags at my local pawn shop for 25 bucks. I'll pick a few of them up. Gonna get some nosler 175s if I can find the seconds again to run them. Maybe strip it down and add some color when I have the barrel threaded. I also want a different handguard and probably buttstock. Do the Ar10s use the standard ar15 buttstock? I know the hanguard is differnt

Nice rifle! Your gonna have to use AR-10 parts on that baby. Most AR-15 stuff won't fit. (I think!)

Last edited:
I don't know if you will do much high volume shooting or not, people on the interwebs love to say magpul MBUS front sights mounted on the gas block can melt. Prolly won't be an issue with normal use though.

Originally Posted By: MPFDI don't know if you will do much high volume shooting or not, people on the interwebs love to say magpul MBUS front sights mounted on the gas block can melt. Prolly won't be an issue with normal use though.
I ordered a set of Troy steel sites. But I just mounted them up so I could shoot it until I get an optic. Between medical, roof on the house and normal bills I'm strapped for a while. Been looking at a 1-6 scope to mount it. Or swap the bushnell 6500 off my 223 rifle. I want a different hanguard too but not sure when it'll come

Back