Thought about selling a rifle

pyscodog

until I took it to the range yesterday. Its my Remington Varmint 22-250AI. I bought it several years ago and it doesn't get out much. I bought it used, unknown round count, unknown barrel maker in one of the nicest looking oil finished BDL stocks I think I've ever seen. Factory trigger breaks like glass at around 1 1/2pounds and its been bedded. I have no idea who did the work but its a beauty and it ain't going anywhere. It shoots bugholes and so pleasing to look at. Don't know why I get these stupid thoughts of selling it. I can't seem to figure out posting pics or I would share a few pictures.

image_zpsx2jcn2xf.jpeg

image_zpspnhb46rt.jpeg

There you go
MB

These pics don't really do it justice. It really shines with a 52 grain Berger and Varget powder. It did really well with some 50 grain Noslers and 4064 that were just some left overs from a 250 I had a while back. I just shot them up to fire form a few cases. I may load some more and see how they do in a fire formed case.

Kinda hate to see you get rid of it Bill, after all, you do have a .220 Swift. I have a standard .22/250 M700 and a fine gun it is too. But it gets shot just a fraction, and I mean a tiny fraction of what my Swift does. Do I have a good reason for that? No, not really. But there is just something about a Swift that turns my crank a bit a more. Hard to explain but hey- you know what I'm talking about.

Hey Russ! After the range trip, I can't sell the Remmy. Its just to nice a rifle. My best 5 shot group at 200 yards was a low .4. It just shoots to good and is a real eye pleaser too! I guess I was just having a senior moment then snapped back to reality!!

Originally Posted By: pyscodogHey Russ! After the range trip, I can't sell the Remmy. I guess I was just having a senior moment then snapped back to reality!!

Well good! I have (aint we all?) sold guns that I thought that I could be happy doing without only remember (and soon!) that gun really did fill a niche and now it was going to leave a void. I have no rifle in my safe anymore that are not superb shooters. They dont go in there if they are not as I have no use for them. Therefore after decades of culling the ones that do not shoot as I like and keeping or obtaining more that do shoot the way I want I am....done. Not getting any more nor am I selling anything I got now. The only exception is my tang safety 25/06 M77 that will go to a rancher in exchange for letting me hunt on his and neighbors ranch. Total land is over 1,000,000 acres. I may be able find a few of them out there. I told him not to invite me if they dont have plenty. He invited me and say that there lots. I aim to find out. I surely do.

But the whistlepig so popping out now and in another week I plan on doing my best to annihilate few thousand of them this year. God will I will. I sure am going to try you can count on that.

Back