Shockwave vs. CS24? FOXFUSION or not?

riverhunter55

I am in the market for a new electronic call. I have had a Fury for at least 5 years and don't have any complaints except the remote.
The FoxFusion function of the newer calls intrigue me, and if the CS24 was capable of fox fusion that's what I would get but since its not I am really interested to know if any of you that have a call with FoxFusion actually use it?
I am a buy once cry once kind of guy so I don't have a problem with the price of the shockwave if it last's me 5+ years I will be happy.
I really like the simplicity of the CS24 but it is lacking a few functions that the shockwave has.

Ok... let me have it I am really interested in your opinions here!

Last edited:
I use a Fusion but had a CS24b. Don't use 90% of the features the Fusion has that the CS24b did not have. If I was buying a call today, I'd go back to the CS24c. Simple is better. It keeps you focused on the important things like your setup, wind direction, keeping still, and intently watching for coyotes, instead of trying to remember how to use all the features of the caller.

Thanks for the input!
It appears the smart thing to do is just buy the CS24, but I am not really in hurry. I will just have to think on it for awhile.

Originally Posted By: riverhunter55Thanks for the input!
It appears the smart thing to do is just buy the CS24, but I am not really in hurry. I will just have to think on it for awhile.

I would wait another six months to see what FP is coming out with.

If the CS24 had the capability of FoxFusion I would buy it in a heartbeat. I just have it in my head that being able to play two sounds at once will give me an edge in high pressure areas.
I hunt a wide range of cover, both timber and wide open areas.
I also think the hinged speakers would be beneficial to spreading the sound out.
I think I have talked myself into the shockwave.
If I was smart I would order it while I can still get the promotion with the free bag and batteries.

Thanks for all the feed back!

I snapped up a shockwave last week before the promotion ends too. My free goodies are due to arrive tomorrow. Foxpro was very fast getting them sent out. Had the shockwave out for the first time today. No coyotes, but man does it sound nice!

I am in the same boat. i have been using a CS24C. I have had outstanding results with it. If I did not have it I would buy one while they are on sale. I admit I have been thinking about a Shockwave while the promo is on. I was hoping it might be louder and have a better sound. Ya'll answered this, no. The other reason was the added features. Again ya'll said simplier is better. So what did you mean by it depends on location? Thanks.

The Shockwave runs on 10 aa batteries which is a plus if you use a good deal of volume. The speaker configuration is designed to give you the very best sound quality, and it has plenty of volume, plus the ability to head your speakers in different directions, giving you either more sound separation or a wider sound cone. Foxfusion is an especially good feature but not a must for killing coyotes. The CS-24C at the sale price is a great deal.

Back