Anyone Getting False Classified Inquiries (PMs) from New Members?

johral

I have had 3 different PM inquiries about a rifle I have in the classifieds from new members with 0 posts. I respond, and they never get back. They just disappear.

What's going on? If it was someone trying to get a rifle without paperwork, you would think they would fish for more info and such. These guys aren't doing anything.

Scammers are everywhere. Just tread carefully. I block whoever seems to be one, Craigslist, phone, wherever.

Two months ago a buddy got a call from the 'IRS'. He ended up giving a bunch of info, later went with Life-Lock. I told him I thought he knew better.

My only response has been: Yes, it is still available. I don't really know what to make of it. Their scammer technique is poor, if that is what they are trying to do.

One of the guys has been registered since 2015, yet has no posts.

Last edited:
Some A-hole in Texas was using his name and personal information but my photo from a picture I had posted here on a dating website to meet women. A gal did a reverse trace to here, registered here and then sent me a pm asking if I was this other guy. She explained the situation and I assured her I wasn't that faker and was a reasonably happily married man. She reported the guy to the website and they deleted his account. I actually felt sorry for the poor bastard if he thought my picture was going to help him meet women! Another guy from here had his own hunting blog and was using some of my pictures on his blog. He didn't actually say the pictures were his, but he didn't ask me for permission to use my pictures or cite the source on his blog. When I discovered it I asked that he remove them and he did. I guess posting my stuff was easier than getting his own dead critters and pictures. The friggin Internet...
frown.gif

Regarding pictures, one can take a picture and do a web search with google images. It will show where else on the web that picture has been posted. Of course it's not 100% definitive, but gives you an idea.

Speaking of dating sites, lots of guys out there using female images to scam guys. Just mentioning it in case someone doesn't know.

Back