Sit and Spin Decoy modification.... 2 fold WITH PICS....

OregonMike

OK, I have a Sit N Spin decoy, works good, easy to use, but sits a bit low if your in sage like Central Oregon where I hunt.

Milling around the shop and saw some all thread, and it was the right size/pitch. So I used a little of that, measured as to not run it through the threaded hole in the decoy and crack anything, and then welded that with a nut as a stopper onto a 20"ish piece of round stock and then attached a bent piece to form an "h" so you can step it into the ground.

Now it sits about 16-18" off the ground and should provide a ton more visibility... Will try it out in two weeks...

Cool part is it also attaches to the bottom of the Turbo Dog call. So if needed I can raise that up higher than the little tripod that I have....

I will try and post some pics...

Stand_zpsebydzsx9.jpg

stand%20attached_zpsap5rizzp.jpg

stand%20bolt_zpsyowmhfan.jpg

Last edited:
The fertile mind of a coyote hunter, great idea and I may have to ''borrow'' it for my area. No sagebrush but grass and weeds. Thanks for posting, take care, John.

Thanks guys, I am no welder but the whole thing took me like maybe an hour, including paint.... gonna try it out this weekend. Few guys taking a 15 yo on his first Yote hunt.

Hope it works out!!

OK, here is the update. Went hunting this weekend and the new stand worked awesome. No yotes. But it didn't wobble or move around at all. Held fast and worked good at all speeds.

Back