CZ455 Varmint

Probably one of the most accurate bolt action rimfire rifles you can buy without spend a lot more money. I've only been around 455's that were in 17 HMR but they were some of the most accurate I've seen.

I have a 455 American .22WMR, its only been to the range once briefly to function test it. I can tell you it is easily the nicest operating rimfire ive ever handled. I have zero complaints...i cant comment on accuracy as i didnt even have a scope mounted. I dont think you will be disappointed at all...you will also have the ability to change between 3 calibers.

I have 3 455 varmints in 17 hmr ,22 mag & 22lr .
I also have 455 in the fs and lux .
Yes a very fine rifle especially with a DIP sear . They are are very good shooter's

The 17 hmr shines in mine, I have a 22lr barrel but haven't tried it yet but, i am very pleased so far.I don't think you could go wrong.

I don't have the Varmint But the American in 22lr and 17 HMR and there both tac drivers and nice and light.

50 Yds 22lr

100 Yds 17 HMR

Originally Posted By: reddog964I don't have the Varmint But the American in 22lr and 17 HMR and there both tac drivers and nice and light.

50 Yds 22lr

100 Yds 17 HMR

Wow....that's impressive....I haven't even shot my new 452 22LR yet but I'll be happy if it shoots half that good.

I've never heard of Gemtech. I'm a CCI guy too since the factory's right down the road but I may have to try some.

455 is a very nice rifle. I prefer the American over the Varmint, just a personal preference. Either would be great.

Originally Posted By: reddog964I don't have the Varmint But the American in 22lr and 17 HMR and there both tac drivers and nice and light.

50 Yds 22lr

You may know & you may not... But to have a 22LR to shoot like that with sub $15/box ammo is a very rare thing. Especially with that class rifle...

VERY NICE!

][/url]

This was today @ 25yds, 1st official range trip...40gr Armscor Round Nose

Was quite happy with that, then moved over to 100yds...wind from left 5-7+ mph
][/url]

Pretty happy with that group, still getting used to trigger, and armscor ammo def not the greastest stuff.

Need to try some other brands/weights of ammo soon.

W. Schultz,
"It looks like I'll be ordering one" Heehee, that doesn't often happen. It's just a start of the illness. Rimfire central CZ forums. Good luck with the illness.

If you can find a used Heckler & Koch Model 270 in the 22 LR you will never look at anything else. All of the HK sporting rifles are at a premium because they cannot be imported any more but they are worth the price in my opinion.

I had the American in 22LR and it shot fantastic. My thought was if a thin barrel shoots this good the heavy barrel should be better....not! It shot really good but can't say it shot better. Looked a little cooler but accuracy was about the same......really good!!!

I have an American with 22 and 17 barrels, varmint with both barrels, 2 Scouts in 22lr and a Varmint Precison Trainer in 22LR. All shoot.

I toyed around with a 100 yard 22lr rifle for a while. I got a savage MKII fv that I could get to shoot 1.5" with one single kind of ammo. Using the Mil-dots on my scope for dope with a 50 yard zero, the first mil-dot down was dead on at 75, the second mil-dot was 100, third 125 yards. It was pretty much fun. I shot it this weekend some actually was was able to hit a 2" spinning steal target at 80 yards pretty much every time. I have a savage 93fv in 17hmr that shoots about like the pictures posted above as well.

I've got 4 CZ 22s including the varmint. They will all shoot under a half inch 5 shot groups at 50 yards consistently using wolf match ammo. I don't think there is anyway you can go wrong with CZ.

I have a varmint. Sold the 22lr barrel and replaced it with a flutted varmint barrel. It shot great out of the box.Had it pillar bedded and then I glass bedded it myself. Have only had it out one time since the mods and it was windy.

Last edited:
I have the American 452 in 22LR and 22Mag. What bases and rings are you using on your CZ's? I am going to need to scope this baby up and see how it shoots. Thanks.

Originally Posted By: logstoveI have the American 452 in 22LR and 22Mag. What bases and rings are you using on your CZ's? I am going to need to scope this baby up and see how it shoots. Thanks.

I have burris signature rimfire rings on the dovetail and haven't had to touch them since I installed them several years ago.

Back