Heading to Montana!

Collin

I've got a spring break trip planned out for Central Montana to hunt coyotes and just experience MT. March 10th to the 19th. Could not be anymore excited. I'll be sure to post on here at the end of the trip if not during that week! If you guys have any suggestions on what to bring (already have an extensive list), where to visit, or overall go (or don't go) about this trip I would greatly appreciate it!

Gonna be some tough calling!

Bring some mating sounds with you.

Best of luck and you will be impressed with the HUGE country of Montana!

They don't call it Big Sky for nothing:)

Central Montana is a million acers, need more info.
Great Falls , Lewistown, Winnett, Or north, or south?
It can be a tuff month to call the pups are not out yet normally. It will be windy, cold, snow , rain or 90* you can count on that. Be ready for anything.
The fur is about finished now so may as well take a gun that will shoot in the wind, 243/6mm, 26 Nosler...
You camping or Motelling it ? Have a truck/Suv ? it's primitive out there and the roads WILL be challenging.
If you hunt "State trust land" you need a state use permit, you can get it over the computer.$10 that's the only thing you need.
Got Lights and an E call? anything is legal to kill coyotes. MORE INFO PLEASE

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies guys! Planning on hunting south central between Bozeman and Billings, at least that's the plan right now. If you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Taking a buddies truck out there and prepared for the worst as far as roads. Camping out of the truck is the goal. It's just two of us and we aren't picky at all so that will add to the adventure. We anticipate tough calling but I'm hoping it's going to be better than NY in mid-March. Taking both a .222 and .243 depending on the wind and hunting conditions. This trip is spur of the moment, I figured I'm a junior in college and am able to travel so might as well make it to MT. Hoping to see some new land and some good critters.

Collin

Last edited:
Back