Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 34 of 68 < 1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 67 68 >
Topic Options
#185845 - 11/22/05 07:05 PM Re: Tell Us A Little About Yourself [Re: rodney]
beaver Offline

Howdy,

thanks for creating such an informative board. I've been lurking here for a while now, but finally registered. I'm from Grapeland, Texas, which is basically in the middle of east texas, and hunt the big 3 like most of the other guys on this board. We are overrun with coyotes, but occasionally get a shot at a fox. I really want to get a bobcat this year. I've been using a JS MS512 caller for about 5 years now, and had lots of good luck with it. Just ordered an FX3, when it comes in, I figure I'll try to get my bobcat! Looking forward to learning more about predator hunting in east texas!

beaver

#185846 - 11/26/05 06:47 PM Re: Tell Us A Little About Yourself [Re: beaver]
VARMINT_SLAYER Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: gibson county indiana
Im Adam Nease. Im from Princeton Indiana. I just recently started hunting predators. So far I've called in mostly coons and foxes, because there's not very many coyotes in my area. I cant shoot bobcats here in Indiana because they just moved them from the endangered list to the protected, but i think that'll change here in the next few years. The two guns i own right now are a 12 gauge NEF Pardner, and a Marlin Model 60 .22, and I'm planning on getting a .17 HMR.

I am a diehard bass fishermen. During the warmer months you wont even see me unless you go to the lake.lol. the biggest bass I've caught and weighed was a 7 3/4 pounder.
I'm also considering getting into competitive bass fishing probably the year after next. Maybe sooner depending on whether I find a partner with bass boat. If anyone is interested let me know.

Edited by VARMINT_SLAYER (11/26/05 06:49 PM)

#185847 - 12/03/05 12:55 AM Re: Tell Us A Little About Yourself [Re: AzWill]
pike Offline

Loc: Roosevelt UT.
Well my name is Hunter I live in roosevelt UT. I have 2 kids and "one" wife lol. I am new to coyote hunting and have I caught the bug baaaaaaaad.I eat sleep and dream the stuff but being the "newbee" not mutch exp.I have called in 2 so far.Was hoping some of the expert guys who live close might take a new guy "under there wing" and teach me the ropes!!!! got one this morning post picks soon.

#185848 - 12/07/05 09:26 AM Re: Tell Us A Little About Yourself [Re: AzWill]
willhunt Offline

Loc: Henefer utah
I'am brand new to pm. My name is Will Larsen. I'll be 29 on friday.I have been married for 7 years,I have 2 boys 6 and 4.I have been hunting coyotes for the last 15 years.I even hunted them for a living for a few years.Now I work in a cement plant not as much fun but better money.I live in northern utah.I mostly bow hunt for deer and elk,when thats over back to the 22-250 for coyotes.I look forward to hearing more.

#185849 - 12/09/05 12:13 PM Re: Tell Us A Little About Yourself [Re: willhunt]
mi_yotes Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: sw michigan
My name is Mike. Im in S.W. Michigan. Im 29 married for 4 years.We just had our first kid. 5 month old daughter. I hunt deer mostly but also hunt turkey, ducks, geese, and yotes.Ive been yote hunting for about 5 years but really only seriously and with some knowledge for 2. Im a pipefitter by trade and work in the auto industry. I really love P.M. and the people here. Im glad I found it.

Edited by mi_yotes (12/09/05 12:14 PM)

#185850 - 12/25/05 01:13 PM Re: Tell Us A Little About Yourself [Re: AzWill]
onehorse303 Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Blairsville, Georgia
I am Jack Canupp from Gainesville, Ga. I'm 65 yrs old and stay in good physical condition. Retired Captain from Sheriffs office. My wife (the best in the southeast) encourages me to do the things I like while in good health. I rifle and bow hunt; turkey, bear, hogs, deer and love coyote hunting. Also surf fish at Cape Hatteras, NC. Looking for someone to invite me to hunt coyotes where I can see them coming...close combat here in Georgia. Have been re-loading for 31 years; enjoy life and meeting good people.

Jack

#185851 - 12/26/05 10:09 AM Re: Tell Us A Little About Yourself [Re: onehorse303]
IAyoteHNTR Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: SE IOWA
I figured this was the place to make my 1st post.

I'm 37 years old, from Iowa, married for 18 years and I have 3 great sons (14, 11, and 1 1/2 yr olds)

New to predator hunting and thirsting for knowledge about it. I have been out several times calling and have called in 1 red fox which I got by calling with a cassette walkman with an external speaker for a CB (this was my very 1st attempt at calling) but have zeroed so far on coyotes when calling

Needless to say, I'm now hooked and have myself more properly set up with a new Remington 700 SPS in .204 caliber paired with a Bushnell 3x9x40 and have made my own e-caller and have several Johnny Stewart tapes and a Cass Creek Predator II caller and a few hand calls. Now that I'm getting close to the $1000.00 range for money invested into predator hunting (much to my wife's dismay ) I figure I'd better use the knowledge I can get from the real pros out there, so here I am!

The last several attempts at calling have been a learning experience, been busted a couple times that I know of . Looks like there is a TON of good info on this site and I thank the person who turned me onto this site . Thanks for letting me rant on my 1st post. I hope to be a long time member here who might actually learn how to do this right and maybe give a few pointers of my own years down the road to a newbie

Thanks again..........Trevor.

Edited by IAyoteHNTR (12/26/05 10:19 AM)

I love my family and my country. Family is ALWAYS first!

BIG 2nd amendment fan, even BIGGER 1st amendment fan!

#185852 - 12/29/05 12:01 PM Re: Tell Us A Little About Yourself [Re: AzWill]
kyhowler Offline

Here goes, New member, just getting in to the internet thing, can't believe what I've been missing! My name is Chris Elmore. I live in South Central KY. near Bowling Green. I'm 33 and a Local 40 Union Boilermaker. I spent 4 years in the USMC so I'm a former Jarhead. I'm not married and have no kids. But I do have a 3yr old nephew and a 13 yr old cousin that are just about my whole life!!! I hunt deer, turkey, quail, ducks, geese, squirrel, coyotes, and bobcats. My dad started takeing me callin for fox when I was 8. I still enjoy calling but now its for coyotes and bobcats. I also fish every chance I get and fish a bass circuit. I've got 3 English Pointers and a Black Lab.

#185853 - 01/01/06 12:13 AM Re: Tell Us A Little About Yourself [Re: kyhowler]
DocCoyote Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Camp Leatherneck, Afghanistan
My name's Matt, I'm a 2nd year medical student living in Las Vegas. I've been married for ~6 years and have a 2 year old son and another due in January. I've been an avid varmint hunter since I got my first rifle (a .22) at 12 years old (I'm now 28). I've dabbled in big game hunting and within the last year have taken up coyote hunting. Being a full time student, I don't have much time to hunt, but I take every opportunity I can to go administer lead injections. I'm always looking for opportunities to learn from those more experienced than I, if there's anyone in the Las Vegas area that doesn't mind showing a rookie the ropes, I would sure love to tag along.

Doc Coyote

#185854 - 01/03/06 02:42 AM Re: Tell Us A Little About Yourself [Re: DocCoyote]
yote1106 Offline

hello,

my name is john and i live in new york. I am 14 years old. I love hunting, but my parents are liberals and won't ever let me go. It first interested me when I took a trip to georgia to see my relatives. Through study, I've found that when I get older I would like to hunt coyote.

live long and hunt hard,
john

#185855 - 01/03/06 06:38 AM Re: Tell Us A Little About Yourself [Re: yote1106]
50jBob Offline

Loc: Schoharie Cty, NY
Hello All,

Bob here. I'm 48 and have been hunting and camping just about my whole life. For alot of my adult life I was a big game hunter who saved every penny I could and traveled this continent going after various game. Then I got a bird dog. "Luke" is a French Brittany who caused my to give up the big game travel and stay home. Bird hunting's become an addiction. The one thing I've never done, but was always in the back of my mind is predator hunt. Well, I've decided to take it up. It sounds exciting and fascinating, and it won't interfere with the birds. I've got alot of questions.

It'll be good to meet you all,
Bob Boehler

#185856 - 01/04/06 10:07 PM Re: Tell Us A Little About Yourself [Re: 50jBob]
bloodhounder Offline

Loc: NortheasternOkie
Hello fellow hunters! I am a contractor in the great state of Oklahoma. I am 26 years old and have been married for 6 in March. I have a beutiful daughter who is ready to start hunting with dad. I raise and breed redbone bloodhounds. I enjoy hunting, tracking, fishing, and everything outdoors. I have a very supportive wife who understands my needs for the outdoors. I enjoy chating with people who share the same needs as I. I hope to be chating with all of you soon.
"BLOODHOUNDER"

#185857 - 01/05/06 03:30 PM Re: Tell Us A Little About Yourself [Re: bloodhounder]
Kevin_C Offline

Loc: SW Mo
Hello everyone. I make a living as a Network Engineer, but I am always tring to find a way to make a living working for myself. I grew up that way and Dad has worked for himself for 30 years or so. I enjoy hunting, reloading, fabrication, black powder cannons, HAM radios, fishing, custom knife making, playing cards, and cutting firewood. I am 30 years old and have a wife a son that is almost a year and a half old. I am a volunteer fireman in my little town. I just got into predator hunting but I have been deer hunting with a rifle for about 17 years and bow hunting for about 6 years. I really like going out shooting any gun and that is probably why I reload my ammo cuz it's cheaper.

Have a good one.

#185858 - 01/08/06 09:44 PM Re: Tell Us A Little About Yourself [Re: Kevin_C]
Navy_Gunner Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: La Grande, Oregon
Hi my name is Chris Turnbull, and Im an alcoholic......

Ok not really, but my name is Chris Turnbull. Im 27, married to a beautifull lass of 27 and have a 3 year old daughter. I live in N.E. Oregon, and am an avid outdoorsman. I used to be a construction contractor here, and then signed up for the Navy. I served my tour, and came back here to Oregon and am now working for another contractor. I have been a hunter all my life, mostly an archery hunter until I caught the firearms bug. I have gained serious interest in the last 10 years into predators, and hunt them allmost exclusivley. I have bear, cougar, bobcat, and many o' coyotes under my belt. Now we cannot use dogs or bait to hunt bear or cougar so I am having to resort to calling them bigger predators. I called 3 bear in last year (WAY EXCITING) and no cougar that I saw but I did hear some. I didnt get my cougar for 05' but am giving 100% this year until I do, no deer, no elk until I harvest my cougar. Other than that, I fish, camp, hike, hunt, reload, hunt, shoot, hunt, and I often have some time to hunt!

I wanted to say that I am glad that I found this website, and really enjoy all the company here. The information available here is second to none, so founders and moderators.....Hats off to you fellas. You will be recieving a donation from me along with a sticker purchase in the next few days........Again Thanks

My wife thanks you all to, since I have found this page I have spent LOTS less time looking at "adult oriented material"

#185859 - 01/10/06 12:35 PM Re: Tell Us A Little About Yourself [Re: AzWill]
lf346 Offline

HI All,
I'm new here and have had a great time reading all of the articles. My name is Larry Forrester and I'm married and living in Lehigh Valley near Allentown, PA. I am almost 60 but would rather say 59! Hunted all of my life and love it. I have three children all grown. My Son Ryan is a fantastic hunter. I am an IT Consultant and know just enough to keep me out of trouble I'm retiring in June from the Army Reserves with 40 years under my belt as a CW5 Chief Warrant Officer. Getting ready for a prairie dog hunt this July and really excited about it. Met a guy from the Denver area and he's taking me up to Wyoming. After reading about the coyotes, now I'm hooked for sure! Don't have a lot of guns in the arsenal but always trying to add another! Good luck huntin'!! I'm hooked on this site and coyotes now!!!

Edited by lf346 (01/10/06 12:40 PM)

Page 34 of 68 < 1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 67 68 >

Moderator:  Redfrog 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.