Coyote double tonight

1trkyhntr

Killed this 38lb male and 33lb female tonight. I called in three together, one got away. I started with Female howls, then Pup Screams.
This sound combo has been very productive for me lately.

Awesome work. I know it probably varies greatly, but what kind of average range are your shots? Curious because my tract provides so much cover they could be 40 yards away and you wouldn't know it(without thermal). In 3 winters of trying I've called them to within 100 yards 3 times, but they won't break cover. I need them in shotgun range, which seems like it might never happen.

Originally Posted By: bossAwesome work. I know it probably varies greatly, but what kind of average range are your shots? Curious because my tract provides so much cover they could be 40 yards away and you wouldn't know it(without thermal). In 3 winters of trying I've called them to within 100 yards 3 times, but they won't break cover. I need them in shotgun range, which seems like it might never happen.

Yes it varies, 20yds out to about 175yds, my max comfortable distance. If I had better eyesight I would shoot farther and would probably have more success. I really like them inside of 100yds.
One tip, try to set up with maybe 100yds open space between you and the cover. Getting a shot on a running animal that pops out at 40yds is very hard to do for me.

Gonna give it another try this week. We've had cats, fox, and a 'yote on cam in the last 3 weeks. They're there just gotta get 'em out of the brush.

Congrats AGAIN!!! very nice.

Your shooting window is similar to mine and I would have to believe most guys at night. A 200 yard shot at night for me is a poke. My farthest is 190 but I like the a 75-125 sweet spot.

Last edited:
Awesome night out !!!
thumbup.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: pmackCongrats AGAIN!!! very nice.

Your shooting window is similar to mine and I would have to believe most guys at night. A 200 yard shot at night for me is a poke. My farthest is 190 but I like the a 75-125 sweet spot.

I'll second that, my longest shot at night is 220, I like em inside 100.

Back