painting a ar15

Lorne

trying to get some different ideas on painting my new gun when I get it has anybody ever painted a digital camo on one and could anybody post pictures of there jobs

Digital would take quite some time. But you can find stencils on the interwebz.
Found out using the lightest color for your base works best.

I just started with a Krylon flat dark earth color and added Olive Green and Forrest brown. Just kinda striped it to break it up some. It works pretty good. I put a Kyrlon Flat Clear on this one and it has a grey tint to it in the light with a camera but decent in the sun.

Not digital, it is done with a sponge using Rustoleum camp paint. Painted tan and green stripes around the gun then used the sponge to dot over the tan and green.

Originally Posted By: reb8600Not digital, it is done with a sponge using Rustoleum camp paint. Painted tan and green stripes around the gun then used the sponge to dot over the tan and green.

That turned out really good!!

Do a search on Sponge Painting....Quite a few members have explained how to do it....Then it comes down to deciding what colors will work in your hunting environment...A member, rocknbbar did a great job on his and I think may have started the trend...sometime between 2008 and 2010...

Last edited:
Back